Chapter 17

"Mom, shut your mouth!" My dad ordered, but my grandmother wasn't threatened by her son.

"How can you be ok with this? No one will accept them." She spoke as if I wasn't sitting right beside her.

"You will not disrespect me and my boyfriend while we are here. I came to visit my family, and if you can't accept him, then you can leave."

"This isn't your house, sweetie. And I don't take orders from hussies like you."

I closed my eyes and spoke to my mom in frustration. "Please tell me something is mentally wrong with her so I can restrain myself from hitting her."

"Unfortunately, she's just a bitch and is very aware of what she's saying," my mom replied as she glared at the old hag. She never liked my dad's mom, and I could definitely see why...

"Oh Janice, you're just as big of a hussy as your daughter if you let her date this boy."

Every word that came out of my grandmother's mouth only made the anger inside of me build up faster. I wanted to hit her, but I was worried her fragile body might break for good if I did. Damarius placed his hand on my leg to get rid of some of the anger, and just his gentle touch sent waves of relaxation through my veins. I almost forgot about being bonded to Kamar as I looked down at his hand touching my leg. But my skin was protected by a thin layer of pants, so the burning sensation never occurred.

He had been very quiet while all of this was going on, and I felt bad that he had to see that side of one of my family members. My dad came to his feet and escorted my grandmother out of the room and we all continued our meal.

Once we were done eating, my mom showed us to our room and it was a guest bedroom that they had added on to the house. There was a queen size bed on the far left wall with two nightstands on each side. There was a large stand up mirror in the right corner and long silver drapes hanging on each side of the window. The covers were silver with dark blue lining. My mother had a pretty good taste when it came to decorating, and I always loved how clean everything was.

"Wow, this room is so nice! You did this?" I asked, but I already knew the answer.

"Yeah, you know your father can't do this." She laughed, and seemed to be happy that I was here. She gave me another hug and then jumped back as if she remembered something.

"Oh! I forgot to show you something." She led me out of the bedroom and down the hall to the back door. A lot of the people had left for the night, but Leon and Matt were still here.

"Where did grandma go?"

"Your dad took her home. I can't believe she said that. I mean, we were all a little surprised, but we love whoever you love."

My mom always knew what to say to make me happy, and I was glad that she saw it that way. "Thanks mama," I said with a smile, and I followed her out onto the back porch to see a large Jacuzzi sitting off to the side. Part of the roof to the house was covering it and had beautiful stringed lights hanging above it. It looked so relaxing and warm as I noticed the steam hovering over the water. Wait, why was it on?

"I didn't bring a bathing suit," I quickly admitted, and my mom waved her hand at me.

"You know I have plenty you can wear. What about you, Damarius? Do you need some trunks?"

"No I don't."

She nodded with a smile. "I'm sure you can fit into some of my husband's. I'll be right back."

It didn't take her long to find a two piece bikini and dark blue swimming trunks for him. We took them from her hands a little too slowly and she pointed to the outhouse. "You can change in there if you want. I'll go get some towels and sit them out here."