Chapter 8

"Stop! Stop!" I yelled at him, quickly jerking my wrists out of his grip and hitting him. His body was burning up and I felt like my skin was going to burn from the inside out. Between my legs was so sore and I didn't know what the fuck was going on. Why was I burning down there? Kamar immediately moved off of me and let me cover myself with the sheets. I curled up in a ball as I tried to relieve some of the pain between my legs.

"What did you do?!" I yelled at him.

"I'm sorry, Vanessa. I tried not to turn."

"Why am I burning?!"

He came around to the other side of the bed where I was laying and tried to place his hand on my leg. I knocked it out of the way and suddenly someone else appeared in the room. I looked over at the door to see Damarius standing there with glowing red eyes.

"I told you to stay away," Kamar yelled at him as he tried to reach for me again.

"What did you-" His voice trailed off as he looked at our naked bodies. His skin started to turn black as he figured out what we were doing and his eyes started glowing yellow. I had never seen his demon form before, and I definitely didn't want to see it tonight.

Damarius jolted forward and slammed Kamar's body into the wall. His body was starting to get larger and I could see black hair growing out the back of his neck.

"Heal her first." Kamar replied as Damarius held him against the wall by his throat. But Damarius didn't want to let him go, so I reached out to touch his leg and he glanced down at me.

"Please," I said to him, and he dropped his brother on the floor and turned that large body towards me. I had never seen him so big, and I don't even think he was done shifting because some of his skin was still dark brown while other parts were black. Kamar moved around him to put on his clothes but Damarius didn't take his eyes off of him.

"You said you wouldn't have sex with her," Damarius said angrily as he placed his hand on my leg. He whispered some words in Latin and I could feel the pain start to disappear. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and then tried to focus on covering my naked body.

"I wanted to see how far I could go before she felt pain."

"Have you lost your mind?!" He yelled at him, and my body jumped at the tone of his voice. I could almost feel his anger in my own body and it was strong enough to bring me back to all my senses. Whatever Kamar had done to me, it was completely gone now. I couldn't believe we almost had sex and I wanted him to do it. The things I said... it made my stomach hurt.

"You've crossed the line, even for a King," Damarius said through gritted teeth and began walking towards him. Four of Kamar's guards suddenly rushed in with their guns pointed and they ordered Damarius not to move. His eyes were glowing even brighter as his body began to grow. The guards looked intimidated by his presence, but they still stood their ground in front of their king.

"Leave us," Kamar commanded, but they didn't move.

"My King, are you-"

"Leave us!" He ordered, and the four men looked at each other before walking back out.

Kamar looked at his brother with those hazel eyes and said, "We need to talk, but not here. Get her dressed and I will meet you at Red Valley."

"Talking is not what I had in mind," Damarius growled.

"Then kill me at Red Valley, either way, meet me there after she's dressed." And then he disappeared.

Damarius didn't respond and slowly turned to look at me.