Chapter 63- The aftermath of the fight pt2

It was dark inside with only the sounds of Toms soft breath. 

In the dim light Hermione could see the devastated that decorated the room via a fit of rage. Books, clothes, papers and even ink scattered the war zone represening and conferring the heartbreak and rage Tom had felt. 

Just the dark sight of this made more guilt clench Hermiones heart. 

Seeing how her words had affected Tom, being able to physically see his heartbreaker. 

She had done this. 

She had broke Tom. 

Hermione slowly finds herself by Toms bedside. 

Her eyes softly watching Tom as he slept silently. Hermione had no trouble spotting the fresh set of tear streaks that now accompanied his face. 

Tom slept with a melancholy look on his face. 

It was easy to see that even in the vast reaches of the dream world, the fight still very much effected him. 

Hermione watched tom for a few more moments before her mind decides to take control. 

Hermione, acting out of zombified will, finds herself slipping into bed with Tom, curling close to his side, seeing every ounce of soothing, healing comfort this provided for her. 

Hermione ever so gently lowers her head onto Toms silk clothed chest, moving slowly and gently so to not wake the heartbroken boy. 

The longer Hermione laid there, the more sleep gained a grasp on her. 

Heavier and heavier her eyes became until it was a physical battle to keep her eyes afloat. 

With the pulsing comfort of Toms warm chest combined with his soft breath, this was a battle that Hermione lost. 

It was hours later early in the morning when Toms battle worn eyes slowly opened. 

The redness of his eyes was not parallel to his anger but rather a symbolism of his heart break. 

Hours of free flowing tears had done their damage to Toms eyes, leaving them red and puffy, soar and itchy, blurred and painful. 

Toms eyes slowly come into focus and he begins to recall the slow trek he had made from the chamber back to his room, using one of Salazar slytherins secret passages that lead directly back to the common room. 

The many secret passages of the magestic castle were common knowledge to the future dark lord, having familiarized them long ago. 

There wasn't much about the castle that Tom didn't know. 

Ever corner, ever hallway, every room including the other common rooms Tom had either seen or knew of. 

Hogwarts had been Toms first real home. 

So it was natural that Tom wanted to know everything he could about it. 

Tom often took full advantage of the numerous hidden pathways within the castle to get around at night when he wasn't on duty. 

And tonight tom had been entirely greatful to his ancestor for creating the slytherin common room hidden passage. 

After tom had arrived back in his dorm room, much like Hermione sleep did not come easy to him. 

Tossing and turning for hours had left tom feeling weak and tired. This continued until finally sleep reluctantly accepted him into its blissful world. 

But now it had rejected him once more, violently throwing him back into the world of reality. 

And the first thing tom realized was that he wasn't alone. 

Looking down tom slowly realized that the brown haired mass curled tightly against his chest was in fact Hermione. 

She possessed a death grip on his chest and seemed to be glued into his side. 

Tom didn't move, Tom couldn't move. 

Just seeing Hermione brought back those ever painful words she had hurled at him. 

With a swallow, Tom fights back another battalion of tears. 

He was tired of crying. 

He was tired of hurting. 

Despite this tom couldn't help but frown at seeing Hermione tattooed tear streaks. Seeing this riled up his fatherly instincts and drove him to stop her pain. 

But this left tom confused. 

After Hermiones words, Tom didn't know if his fatherly instincts towards Hermione were warranted. Last time he had acted upon his instincts, look what happened. 

Tom swallows once more before testing his movements. 

He freezes as Hermione lets out a small whimper. 

Tom didn't dare move again for fear of waking the girl. 

Staring at Hermione, Tom wondered where the fight would leave the two of them. He wondered if their relationship was broken beyond repair or if they could even move pass this at all. 

Tom wasn't going to lie, he wished to move pass this but didn't know if he could ever. 

The hot searing pain deep within the cells of his heart was fresh and felt like it would never fade. But in time tom hoped it would. 

Having no other choice tom lets his head fall back and calls out to the world of sleep once more. 

But his call was unheeded. 

Realizing sleep would not claim him once again tonight tom once more begins to slowly and with the utmost carefulness pry himself away from Hermione stone iron grip. 

After what felt like hours tom is successful in freeing himself from Hermiones grip. 

Tom makes his way towards the door but pauses choosing to take one last forlorn glance at Hermione before leaving the bedroom in favor of the showers. 

Maybe a cold shower would help break Toms conflict. 

If not, at least it would give him time to think.