Chapter 64- Healing

When sleep finally releases its hold on Hermione, she felt no better. 

Having slept, to Hermione it felt like nothing.

 The physical pain of her guilt have invaded her dreams, twisting them into punishing omens, reminding her of what she had broke. 

The first thing Hermione realizes is that she is cold. The warmth of a chest beside her was missing. 

She was alone. 

Tom was gone. 

Hermione swallows back tears at this. 

What did she expect? 

That Tom was just going to forget what she had said to him? That he was just going to forgive her? 

Hermione wasn't going to lie, a small part, no a massive part of Hermione had hoped that Tom would do just that. 

But it was a foolish hope. 

A hope based off of heartbreak and delusions. 

Hermione now knew that fixing this mess that she had orchestrated was not going to be as easy as she had hoped. 

But then again, how easy was it going to be to fix something like this? 

Slowly Hermione starts to move, her muscles aching and pounding at being stretched. Her eyes slowly scan the destroyed room, taking in the damage that Tom had inflicted upon the poor room. 

Without stopping to debate what her next decision would be, Hermione finds herself repairing and mending the room until it was like new again. 

Going even farther Hermione cleans the room until it sparkled. 

Hermione hoped in some way that this would show how sorry Hermione felt. But she knew this wouldn't be the case. 

Hermione was lucky today was Sunday and there were no classes because Hermione didn't know if she would have been able to do them. 

Contemplating her next move, and how she would fix this, suddenly an idea strikes Hermione like lightening. 

And once this idea was in Hermiones head she knew that it was perfect. She knew that this was the way to show tom how sorry she was, the way to show him she was wrong, to show him she loved him, to show him he was her father. 

Hermione was also very fortunate that she had everything she needed. And though a small part of Hermiones heart rested in the locket that rested on Hermiones neck, Tom was more important. 

It was later that day when Hermione was finally able to track down tom. 

She found him sitting by the lake on the edge of the forbidden forest feeding the giant squid. Tom says nothing as Hermione takes a spot next to him. 

He neither looked at her, nor spoke to her, nor acknowledge her. He said nothing. He did nothing. He acted as if she was never even there. 

All of this just added to Hermiones guilt. It was quiet between the two for what felt like eternity. The air filled with a tense silence caused by the broken bonds between the two. And the muggle saying "break the ice" was never more true. 

Hermione didn't even know what to say, or how to start, or how to even tell him everything. 

But slowly she forces herself to begin. 

"One night, when I was a baby, I remember my father holding my mother. She was crying, begging my father not to go somewhere, begging him to think of me..."