Chapter 54- Parkinson's attack

It was silent as tom and Hermione walked together towards their class. Seeing how protective tom had been when Parkinson had struck her sent a chill down Hermiones spine. 

Even though her father was protective over her, Hermione had never seen that level of fury in her fathers eyes. 

Seeing it in Toms eyes, Hermione knew that tom would protect her just as her father would. At any cost. "Thanks." Hermione finally whispers. 

Tom casts a glance over at Hermione. He had received detention later tonight for his actions against Parkinson. But tom didn't regret it one bit. 

"I said I would protect you. I meant that." Tom says. Hermione gives a nod. "If she comes anywhere near you again. Let me know and I will deal with her." 

Hermione knew what tom meant by that. And she almost felt sorry for Parkinson. The key word there being almost. "I will. We should get to class." Hermione says. 

Tom nods before something comes to his mind. "This should be easy for you. Considering you've already done most of it." Hermione couldn't help the laugh that escaped her.

Later that night, tom was preparing to head out to his detention. He was reluctant about leaving Hermione alone. And with good reason. 

Unbeknownst to either of them Parkinson was watching in the shadows. She was going to make that girl pay for what she did. 

For completely embarrassing her in front of the whole school and most importantly in front of tom. Tom Riddle was all Parkinson ever wanted. 

She was meant to be his. And because of that girl, tom wouldn't even look at her. Yes. Parkinson was going to make sure that dolv paid. 

And she would make sure that dolv paid with her life. Hidden deep inside Parkinson's robes was a most illegal potion. 

The blood boiling potion. 

How Parkinson ever got her hands on it in the first place was unknown. Because it was a notoriously difficult potion to brew. 

One that Parkinson wouldn't have been able to brew herself. This potion was going to make sure that dolv would pay the ultimate price for what she had done. 

And Parkinson was looking forward to it very much. She waited until she was sure that tom was gone. 

Because somewhere in the back of Parkinson's mind she noted that if tom found out that she was the reason that dolv was dead. 

The results wouldn't be good. 

Hermione sat quietly in the common room, never knowing that she was about to be in the fight of her life. It was late at night. 

Everyone was most certainly asleep. That was good. It meant there would be no one to stop Parkinson's revenge. 

Parkinson watches Hermione for a minuet before making her move. 

"You know. You would think a slytherin such as you would know better then to leave herself completely exposed when there is no one around." 

Hermione tightens her grip on the book she was holding. She knew this wasn't good. Hermione also noted that she could have probably taken Parkinson in a fight.

She was after all much more powerful then the witch, but hermione has a dreading feeling that she was going to lose this fight. 

She didn't know how or why. But she knew.

Little did Hermione know that Parkinson had taken a potion that would temporarily boost her inner core. This was the reason why Hermione was dreading this fight.