Chapter 6 - Collision

All of us sat around the campfire for a late lunch, Mirajane cooked up her special stew to give us plenty of energy for the rest of the day.

"Master, how come the S-Class Wizards aren't sitting and eating with us?" I asked.

"Well Akari, it's the same reason why you kids haven't seen them around since they left Magnolia to come here two weeks ago. To make it a fair trial, I decided that it would be best to separate the participants from the S-Class Wizards, so that they can't tell you anything about the trial and no cheating is going on." Master Makarov explained.

"I guess that makes sense." I replied.

I just want to see Laxus again…

"I can't believe you failed the trial straight after me." Natsu grinned as he was talking to Gray.

"Yeah, well at least I could do the easiest bit of the trial, unlike you, flame brain." Gray retorted.

"You wanna fight!" Natsu shouted as he stood up and almost knocked the pot of stew over.

"Yeah! Let's go! I'll prove that I could've beaten you whatever the test is!" Gray shouted back.

Natsu and Gray continued to argue and although I'm used to it now because they argue so frequently, it still annoyed the hell out of me and I was wondering why everyone was being so vacant and not doing anything to stop them.

"Look at you! You stripped again!" Natsu shouted.

"That's cause I'm ready to kick your ass!" Gray shouted back.

"Will you two just shut the hell up!" I yelled as I stood up from where I was sat and stormed towards Natsu and Gray.

"Sorry." Natsu and Gray said softly as they both sat down and started to play nice with each other.

"Thanks, now eat your stew, appreciate what Mira has cooked for us." I said, towering over Natsu and Gray.

"Yes Ma'am." Natsu and Gray replied as they continued eating.

I returned back to my seat and continued eating my lunch with a smile on my face. Finally, there was peace and quiet. Everyone continued staring at me, obviously because they didn't expect me to yell at Natsu and Gray.

"Gee hee! Looks like we've got another Erza on our hands." Gajeel chuckled.

"That's a bit extreme isn't it? I'm nothing like Erza." I replied.

"I dunno Akari, you and Erza do have one or two similarities." Lucy commented.

"I didn't think so, just because I told off Natsu and Gray doesn't make me like Erza. All I did was tell them to be quiet." I said.

"I think that's a bit of an understatement. You've been really on edge recently Akari, are you sure you still want to continue the trial?" Freed asked.

"How many times do I have to say it, I'm fine. I just feel a little irritated that's all, plus I just want to win this thing like everyone else." I replied.

Freed didn't say anything more, he just nodded.

After lunch was finished, the four of us left in the trial; me, Lucy, Levy and Elfman, and our partners, followed Master Makarov through the island to another clearing which had lots of cliffs and caves.

"This is where the next part of your S-Class trial takes place. Four pathways are available through those four caves. You will pick a cave entrance and walk through the cave until you reach a clearing. Wait there until another pair arrives." Master Makarov explained.