Chapter 3 - Akari The Dual Dragonslayer Vs. Freed The Dark

Me and Freed found a quiet field away from the guild hall, this was the perfect place to get some practise in.

"So, where should we start?" I asked Freed.

"Well, you're most likely gonna need to fight an opponent, so you will try and beat me." Freed said as he took his sword out.

"Okay." I replied.

Me and Freed faced opposite each other, preparing to fight.

"Let's go." Freed said as he launched himself towards me.

"Right." I said with a grin as I dashed towards Freed.

Freed began attacking me with his sword, slashing towards me at a fast pace. I jumped backwards after every attempted attack, trying to avoid being hit.

"You're good at dodging attacks..." Freed said with a grin.

Freed disappeared suddenly, I couldn't see where he went. I turned my head and saw Freed stood behind me.

"But what about actual fighting?" Freed questioned before slashing me with his sword.

The attack knocked me backwards and caused me to roll on to the ground. I got back up on my feet and looked at Freed. He's fast and skilled, no doubt about it. I've got to attack him now if I have any chance of defeating him.

"How did you get behind me so quickly?" I asked.

"Teleportation, I can turn my body into runes to transport from one place to another." Freed answered.

As Freed was about to attack again, I dodged his attack by transforming into a lightning bolt and dashing past Freed to get behind him. I turned back to normal and unleashed an attack.

"Lightning flame dragon wing attack!" I said as I spread out my arms and pushed them together to send lightning and flames towards Freed, pushing him to the ground.

"Nice move, looks like it's time to move up a level." Freed said as he got up.

"Dark Écriture: Absolute Shadow." Freed declared as he changed his body became covered in armour.

I've never seen Freed use this form before, he must be getting serious.

Freed ran towards me and began hitting me as I tried to block his attacks. He is really strong when in this form, but can he take my lighting?

"Lightning Dragon Roar!" I shouted as I released lightning from my mouth which hit Freed.

"You have to do better than that." Freed responded as he turned around quickly and kicked me in the abdomen, knocking me against a tree.

I'm gonna need a higher voltage to bring him down, and I'll need a bit more heat...

As I got back up again, Freed attacked me with his electric shockwave attack, he produced lightning in his hand and transferred it to his sword, employing it to a melee attack. I struggled to fight back, he was too quick, I couldn't fit an attack in. The electricity didn't effect me as I absorbed it to top up my magic power, however, I did have several cuts on me from Freed's sword, which felt pretty painful. As Freed was about to attack me with his sword again, I managed to stop it with my two hands.

Freed's POV

She's putting up a good fight, but how is she managing to stop my sword from striking her again, she's got a lot of strength in her.

Akari's POV

I still managed to hold the sword away from me, but my strength in my arms was beginning to lag. I charged up lightning and fire in my hands and transferred it onto the sword, it charged through the sword and created a shockwave onto Freed, blasting him away from me.