CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE

I don't know if we met our goal for the fundraiser but I definitely knew that we needed to do another one really soon

I don't know if we met our goal for the fundraiser but I definitely knew that we needed to do another one really soon. People really supported us and enjoyed themselves which is something that we wanted to happen. I was proud of everything that we accomplished today because we series worked so hard.

After all the people left, we cleaned the gym and made sure it was all clear before dispersing into our rooms to take showers. Not wanting to stay in for long, it took me only fifteen minutes and I made sure to clean up everything in the bathroom before leaving and putting my clothes up.

Our parents left a few minutes after the fundraiser ended and my parents spoke to Darius' parents which turned out pretty well. I was invited by The Murphy's and my parents, The Wright's invited them to our house, so there wasn't no getting rid of Darius - even if I wanted to.

I skipped to his room, knocking on his door and patiently waited for him to answer. He opened the door, wearing a towel around his waist as water was all over his chest. I blushed at the sight of that and tried turning on my heels as he chuckled.

"You can come in, I'll get dressed in the bathroom." He responded, giving me a kiss.

I entered through his room, taking a seat on the bed as he closed the door and headed towards his bathroom to get dressed. In less than a minute he popped back into his room, wearing his jersey shorts and no t-shirt.

I watched him tie on his durag, and he moved over to me and laid down on his bed with his arms around me.

"Today was fun." He stated, rubbing my arms.

I agreed, playing with his fingers. "You think we met our goal? There was hundreds of people there, purchasing tickets and donating money at the door."

"I don't know, I'm surprised that people were actually participating and really enjoyed our fundraiser." He replied. "Like people were coming up to us before they left, when's the next event? Are y'all going to do this again? Are there any other ways to donate money? So many questions about it."

"Yeah, I noticed that." I said, then my mind drifted off to my parents meeting Darius again. "Earlier, I was completely terrified of introducing you to my parents. I knew that my dad would have a lot of questions for you and I really really love you and for you to be my first boyfriend, that's really serious."

"I know, you really froze up." He smirked. "I wasn't really nervous about meeting your parents as your boyfriend, but I was concerned for you. Then, whenever you cried explaining your love to me made me feel better, I was like wow Constance really loves me and that's when your dad noticed me asking if you were okay and he seemed to let go of the hold he had. I would've respected him even more if he didn't think I was a good fit for you."

"Why?"

"Parents, dads especially are hesitant with their daughters dating and with their sons it's different because they feel like the sons could deal with having their heartbroken, and all the other things that deal with the falling of a breakup." He explained. "They still see their daughters as those little girls and try everything in their heart to keep them from being hurt and you know how daughters look up at their dads as the number one man in their lives, they consider it just like when children leaving the nest — they realize that you've grown up and at eighteen, they can't really tell you much, so accepting takes a lot out of them."