CHAPTER FIFTY-TWO

The talent show was going off so well, there was so many talented people participating, from singers to rappers to poets and overall entertainers showcasing their skills

        The talent show was going off so well, there was so many talented people participating, from singers to rappers to poets and overall entertainers showcasing their skills. Although I was a big sports person I still enjoyed seeing others show what they were good at and I believed that everyone had their own thing that they were really good at.

It was getting close to the basketball game but right now it was about that time for Eugene's artwork show. I knew that there were going to people willing to buy his art as I wished that I could buy something to hang on my wall or something, just to support my brother.

"Okay, next raffle.." I announced, holding the ticket. "Numbers are 456506."

"Yeah buddy!" A guy stood up from the bleachers, dapping up a few people around him as he made it out of the bleachers towards us.

"Congratulations! State your name and where you're from?"

"I'm Tristan Norman," Tristan introduced himself. "Born here."

"Let's help Tristan celebrate his win." Lamont yelled.

The crowd hyped Tristan up, as he was granted the lap top then he took a picture with it by Constance and he gave us a salute before dispersing back to the bleachers.

"Our last activity until the basketball game is the art auction," I uttered into the microphone. "This artwork was created by one of the camp members, who's really talented y'all. He loves to draw, paint and create black characters and bring them to live with their own personalities, as well as stories., the artwork will be on the wall hanging up, I hope you all enjoy it as much as we do and help support him with his gift as it takes time and dedication, so lets show my brother, Eugene Savage some love."

Eugene raised his hand, as everyone got up from the bleachers getting in a line to see his artwork. I couldn't help but to be proud of him since he deserved it with Jacqueline being by his side, smiling even wider than he was.

I decided to be apart of the line, heading towards the back while holding hands with Constance.

"Man, I really wish we could buy his artwork too." She sighed, rubbing my knuckles. "I'd really hang it in my office or dorm room."

"For real, I was just thinking about that," I told her. "I'm sure we'll be able to buy something that's left over when the people leave."

"You right," She smiled. "Look at him now, he looks overwhelmed yet truly excited that people were viewing his artwork."

I turned my head towards the direction she pointed in, seeing my brother speaking with potential customers. People seemed in awe at the pieces he had presented, which led to a few taking out their wallets.

"Oooh, people getting their money out." I stated.

"Awe, I'm so happy for him." Constance confessed.