CHAPTER ONE

       "We cannot have a repeat like last time, if we're going to spend three months together, let's just enjoy ourselves

       "We cannot have a repeat like last time, if we're going to spend three months together, let's just enjoy ourselves."

It's been a while since we've been at Camp Southside Circle Park which was a summer camp built for black teenagers of the ages fifteen and up to help us grow, learn and build independence, self-confidence, courage, stability, discuss deep things and build friendships within one another.

It was a huge, urban colorful lodge with a outside water back dock, track, front lobby area, indoor gymnasium, outdoor basketball court, big dining cafeteria, indoor theater, game room, library, restrooms, and can't forget the dorms, that had conjoined restrooms.

Everything about this place was very exciting and thrilling that I shared many memories from such a short amount of time here and it included meeting the people that I didn't realize at the time, were some people that I'll call genuine friends.

I still couldn't believe that it was decided today to be reopened after all those years after a incident caused the shut down to happen in the first place.

"It's been way too long!" Jacqueline's dark almond-shaped eyes sparkled.

It really did feel long for me, the last time I was here I only was fifteen years old, and now I'm currently eighteen years old.

"It really has, I miss it here." I replied brightly, taking my suitcases out of the car and placing it on the ground to grab the handle. It was bittersweet that Jacqueline and I was the first people here especially knowing I had a lot to get caught up on.

I was recently in my hometown New Orleans to wrap up graduation, and I left Atlanta a couple years before the shutdown. I just felt so homesick and wanted to graduate with the people I grew up with so I stayed with my auntie and her children while my parents stayed in Atlanta.

I met up with Jacqueline after I moved back, and we've been in touch every since which is why we're together right now.

"Do you think a lot has changed?" She questioned, the corner of her mouth quirked up into a smile.