CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

Today's chronicles were going to be us getting things together for our fundraiser

      Today's chronicles were going to be us getting things together for our fundraiser. I was so anxious for this to start since it was extremely important to help us save the camp. Everyone from the camp was pitching in to do something for the fundraiser which was great because that's what we should've been doing instead of fighting, fussing and arguing over unnecessary things that were so small.

After breakfast, I brushed my teeth again as well as Darius and we were ready to go. I couldn't help but to love Darius' clothing style, it was casual yet he looked like a model. He wore a striped horizontal short sleeve tee shirt, black joggers pants, white ultra boost Adidas and a gold chain was on his neck and a gold watch.

It was so simple yet I loved it so much especially the cologne that he wore.

I on the other hand, felt the need to dress up because it somehow made me feel better. I decided to wear a trendy black spaghetti crop top, nude long pencil skirt, with black strappy sandals and a nude cross body bag. My hair was styled in three side braids and the rest was curly from my wash and go. I had a nice natural makeup, that I did myself.

I sat next to Jacqueline as everyone decided to do boys and girls driving separately, but I just knew that they did it to gossip.

Jacqueline wore a striped tube top with the colors white, black, pink, and yellow with a black button down skirt and a pretty black floppy hat on her head, and black high top chucks. Her hair was styled in a slick back, low curly ponytail that fit her face so much and as usual her makeup looked excellent.

"So we're going to Walmart first?" Jacqueline asked in her soft spoken tone. "I think we're starting off getting the foods, candy and drinks."

"I think so, that's the first thing on my list." I told her. "How's the flyers and shirt coming along?"

"I've made nine shirts already, so I have a few more to go and Eugene has created like five flyers already with different designs that he'll like to show you." Jacqueline replied.

"That's good! I know we also need to get Eugene's set up for his art auction!" I said. "How does Eugene feel about having his art sold to other people?"

Jacqueline's nose wrinkled. "He's doubting his work, and I keep telling him he's talented, he doubts anyone would buy his artwork!"

"Awe, yes Eugene is absolutely a great artist!" I stated. "I'm sure he'll get so much love from his artwork, just keep encouraging him constantly because you're definitely his number one fan and if the camp kids were allowed to purchase art then I'll definitely buy a lot of artwork from him, besides what kind of artist is he?"

Jacqueline smiled. "He's a artist that loves black culture so he does a lot of his own characters, celebrities, myself, and everyone from the camp. He's inspired by the people around him, and it's like all of his art tells a story." She battered her eyelashes. "Often the characters he create are from his life, and it's really deep that he doesn't believe in himself.."