CHAPTER NINETEEN

Once everyone made it back home, the vibe was totally off

Once everyone made it back home, the vibe was totally off. I felt incomplete without my sidekick Lamont, and I definitely understood that Darius needed to be with his parents right now. I just didn't know what to do at this point, Lamont was my best friend and my brother, the first person to ever get to know me. He was super sweet, and goofy. To know he had this battle with himself was saddening to see. It was so scary, that I had a dream about that the other day.

But instead of it being pills. It was a gun, and there was blood everywhere. I couldn't picture the guys face, only his dark monolid eyes but I knew it had to be Lamont.

"You okay Con?" Jacqueline rushed over to me. "It's okay to cry, let it out."

I immediately broke down into her lap, as she rubbed my back. I cried for him, and cried because it'll be one whole month without him, two if he didn't get the help he needed.

"I only told Darius this but I had a nightmare," I admitted to her, as I rose up from her lap. "I had a nightmare that he was suicidal, but instead of pills it was a gun and he was surrounded by blood Jackie.."

Her eyes widened. "Oh my god! I know this is isn't better but I'm glad he listened to you to drop the pills, because it could've been worst."

Somehow every time he had a episode, he listened to my voice. I wanted him to be healthy, because it was ongoing battle with himself.

"You're right, I just hope and pray he gets the help he needs." I wiped my eyes. I wanted to run in my boyfriend's room and lay underneath the covers with him, but he was back home.

I read over his text message, a few times before answering.

TheBoyfriend: I'm home. I appreciate you so much for being there for me. I love you and can't wait to see you tomorrow. You my baby girl forever.

Me: I love you even more! See you tomorrow but you need to worry about your family. My sweetheart<3

I couldn't believe that I told him, 'I Love You' first. I was going through the emotions, and I felt it in my heart. I admit that it did something to me not hearing him reply it back to me, but I understood that it was too soon to say that. We just started dating and he was my first boyfriend, how did I know what love was? Then, whenever he replied it to me, it felt just right.

"Darius took it the hardest," Jacqueline replied. "I've never seen him cry before and it was so hard."

It wasn't my first time seeing him cry, but it was still sad to see him breakdown.

"Yeah, I hope he's okay." I smiled small. "And his family."

"How do you feel about being accepted?" Jacqueline questioned.

I wanted to smile, because I remembered going to their house for Lamont. I was now dating their son Darius and they accepted me. But, it was too sad to smile.