He aimed for her neck because he wants her to choke on her explanation. He is tired of the lies that come out of her mouth. Quite frankly, he is tired of her and everything she stands for.

She struggles out of his grasp by hitting his arm repeatedly but that doesn't seem to move him. He is looking at her right in the eyes like he wants her to see how much he despises her.

"What did you do?" He says through grit teeth.

There was no need for explaining, she can see that no matter what she says, she is the bad guy.

"Alex!" A voice comes after they hear the elevator ding. A voice that Liza can't believe she will say she is grateful for hearing.

It's Xavier approaching them hurriedly. He grabs his brother from behind and drags him away from Liza.

Xander had almost forgotten he came with people. He had literarily jumped out of the car when they got to the hospital.  Xavier and Cassie were calling out to him but he didn't hear. He couldn't. Their voices faded out.

Liza puts her hand to feel her neck, imagining it having a bruise. She coughs out repeatedly, loudly, and dramatically.

Xavier has Xander pinned on the wall, calmly saying, "She will be fine." repeatedly to calm Xander down. 

It turns out Xander is not the only one he needs to calm down. Turning around, he sees Cassie dragging Liza's hair. There is a lot of pulling, kicking, slapping, pushing, and cussing going on.

The kids sitting waiting for their mother who is in labor look at the scene in complete awe.

Xander doesn't even bother with the two women as Xavier releases him to separate the fight. Xavier carries Cassie like a weightless doll and drops her on his shoulders.

  "It's high time someone gives this woman a proper beating!" Cassie yells as she struggles to get down.

"I think you should leave," Xavier says to Liza as she adjusts her clothes and hair.

No one had to tell her twice, she is in a hostile environment and she knew she needed to be anywhere but here.

Before she leaves, Xander grabs her arm and whispers in her ear, "If anything happens to Cara or the twins, I promise, I will do everything in my power to make your life a living hell."

His words so cold, it sends shivers down her spine. He meant every word, that's what makes his words heavy, it weighs on her chest. The threat lingers in the air for a few seconds before Liza drags her arm out of his hands and rushes down the hall to the elevator.

She presses the elevator button in panic like she is living in a horror story and if the elevator doesn't open in time, she will be eaten alive. 

Xander sits on the couch of the reception as his legs become weak to carry his sad self.

~~~

It is his entire fault. This is the reason he doesn't want to gather his thoughts or think because he will have to come to the realization that he is at fault.

Countless times Cara complained about Liza and countless of times he had made her seem like a drama queen. He will die if anything happened to them, so there's no other option than everything being okay as Xavier his muttering every second to ease everyone's worries.

It's has been less than 15 minutes but it feels like years they have been waiting. The narrow hallway feels like it's closing up on Xander. He has been demanding to speak to the doctor, he even used the "Do you know who I am?" Line to get their. All it got him was a private waiting area.