THIRTY-SIX

It felt good at the moment, like winning an argument but then you realize that you said somethings that you don't mean. By the time she took the video down, the internet was already on fire. The news gained more buzz than the time news got out that Liza and Xander broke up. 

Almost a dozen calls from Xavier and Xander, Cara even got some from Andre.  All calls were ignored, and she turned off her phone. She cannot be stressed, the minute she got home, she ate and had a nap.

As for Xander, when he saw the video, he could care less about the damage it could do to their already existing narrative, all he cares about is what set her off for her to make such a video.

"We had a narrative!" Andre is currently pacing around Xander's office. "Why she do that? Did she tell you about this beforehand?"

"Does it look like she told me?" Xander snaps. "We had a fight..."

"Maybe you guys will give me a heads up anytime you guys have a fight since secrets start spilling then."

Xander drops his phone on his desk in frustration, accepting the fact that she's ignoring it.

"Well, this is not bad press for anyways." Andre stops pacing and stands in a position facing Xander.

"It's not about the press situation, it's about the fact that I know that Liza will pull a stunt, and she won't let this slide."

"What angle do you think she will come at?"

"Probably the lack of authenticity of Cara and I's relationship at the beginning, our lies on how we met, the irregularities with the timing of the pregnancy, my payment to Cara's ex-boss for a night with her. She could come at any angle and we need to be ready."

"That shouldn't be a problem, everything in the past is sealed. No one can get hold of the initial contract, you had me pay Cara's ex-boss a reasonable sum to shut him up and Gwen has been paid too"

"Well, ensure he really shuts up," Xander instructs.

Andre walks out of Xander's office after he nods.

Once the door closes, Xander's phone starts to ring. He shifts on his chair to pick up the phone he had thrown on his desk earlier.

After looking at the caller ID, he swipes to pick it up.

"Jonathan?"

"Sir, Cara has left the house."

Xander stands up immediately, "What do you mean she left the house?" He yells into his phone.

"She packed a little bag and..."

Xander hangs up before Jonathan can complete his sentence, he picks up his jacket from the chair and rushes out.

~~~~

Cara walks into an averaged sized sitting room, it's nothing like Xander's place but it's way better than where they used to live before. There's enough space so everything doesn't look choked up, it's a four-bedroom duplex and until today, Cara is still impressed at the interior decor which is all Cassie.

Cassie kicks Sam who is about to say something as Cara walks in. Cara smiles as she takes her seat slowly.

"Looks like you slept well," Cassie mutters.

Cara nods, rubbing her hoodie covered stomach. "Sam, what's Cass preventing you from saying?"

Cassie had cautioned Sam to hide her excitement about Cara's return home and also about asking questions as to why she is here.

Sam smiles in victory. "Now that you have broken up with Uncle Alexan...."

Cassie interrupts, "They are not broken up."