THIRTY THREE

She has planned everything. She has her family doctor in on it and her dad made sure everyone acts accordingly when Xander comes. 

"Shut up," Liza spits. She hands over her phone to the nurse who claims are camera quality isn't the best. "Use my phone."

The nurse takes the phone from Liza's hands. "Take good pictures and don't let him see you," Liza instructs.

"The money we agreed upon?"

"I will pay you after a job well done." Liza gives a fake smile before she walks back to her seat.

She folds her arms together focusing on getting tears to come out before Xander comes. She should be able to put on quite a show.

~~~

"Hey babe," Cara says into the phone after picking up the call. "Are you already on your way home?"

Xander sighs closing his eyes as he says the following words, "Something came up."

Technically it's not a lie.

"Work?" Her cheerful voice turns to a flat one.

His heart skips a beat now that he has to lie, "Yeah, work."

He can't tell her that he is going to miss their date because he is attending to Liza's emergency. He doesn't know how she feels I'll react and he doesn't want to fight. He intends to get in, see what's going on, and get out.

"I will try to make it home early." He adds immediately.

"It's okay," Cara mutters. "Another time, plus I can barely breathe in this gown."

"Sounds hot."

"I'll send pictures. Now get back to work."

"I love you," Xander mutters.

"I love you too," Cara says hanging up.

"Sir, we are here," Marco calls out. They have arrived at the hospital a while ago, he was just waiting for Xander to end his call.

"Hmmm," Xander says looking outside, reminding himself of all Liza did for him while he was in a similar situation.

~~~

Xander walks into the reception where he sees Liza seated on a leather beach. He walks towards her direction, before he can get to her, she already notices his presence.

Liza stands up and walks up to him, teary-eyed and with tear-stained rosy cheeks. It looks like she has been crying for hours.

"Hey," Xander says awkwardly.

Liza puts her arms around him without warning. She places her head on his chest as she fake cries on his suit. Xander stands there in all weirdness, he places his hands on her back and rubs it. "It's okay." He mutters.

"Thank you for coming," She mutters against his chest.

Liza releases him. Xander nods before asking, "What are the doctors saying?"

"Nothing, no one is telling me anything."

"Let me try," Xander says walking to the nurse's corner.

Liza smiles as she watches him walk away. He came, he still cares.

~~~

"Where's everyone?"Xander breaks the silence that has been existing for 30 minutes now. Liza has been stealing glances at him and when he notices, she just smiles.

Xander on the other hand is brainstorming how he can leave without being an asshole. The minute he got in and she hugged him, he soon realizes he shouldn't be there. Plus he lied to Cara, which makes him uneasy.