TWENTY TWO

"No, I am not," Cara shakes her head in denial. "He is arrogant, an ass and extremely rude, how can I fall in love with him? It's the hormones, that's just what it is."

"That's right, blame your unborn kids," Cassie says sarcastically. "Look, I will call you tomorrow morning. I have to wake up early for Sam." 

"Oh, I am so sorry for disturbing your sleep," Cara apologizes. Cassie always wakes up early to take Sam to school and make breakfast.

"Nonsense, don't just do anything stupid before tomorrow," Cassie jokes.

"I'll try," Cara mutters before she ends the call.

"Hey,"

Cara turns her head in the direction of the voice, "Hey, where have you been all day?" She asks Xavier who walks towards the light.

He looks like he has cried his eyes out, which he has. This is the first time she had seen Xavier quiet.

"Were you crying?" Xavier asks Cara who also has dried up stains on her cheeks.

"Maybe," Cara admits as she pats the space on the couch beside her, "Come sit,"

"Good, we are sad together," Xavier jokes as she sits beside Cara and puts his head on her shoulder.

The room falls silent for a while before Xavier speaks, "I miss them," He whispers.

"I miss mine too," Cara whispers as well.

"I don't know how Xander does it, how he keeps it all together."

"If you think watching a boring documentary," Cara gestures to the film playing, "and drinking wine is keeping it together, trust me, you are wrong. The healthiest way is crying it all out."

"Is he the reason you were crying?"

"Yeah, he's a fucking asshole." Cara cusses.

"I know," Xavier says with a low laugh.

The room falls silent again, a very comfortable silence.

"I didn't drink," Xavier says even though he doesn't know why he did.

Xavier had told her about his struggles with sobriety and drug use.

"I can tell and I am proud of you." Cara whispers.

~~~

"You were so happy last night?" Mark says wearing his boxers before walking up to Liza who's fully clothed doing her make-up by the mirror.

"And I still am," Liza says applying red lipstick to crown her perfect makeup.

"Hmm, good morning," Mark mumbles as he tries to peck her in her cheeks but Liza uses her hand to barricade her face.

"Hell no," Liza says.

"What about last night?" Mark asks, already getting the feeling he was used yet again.

For Mark, last night was amazing. He can't say he wasn't surprised that Liza showed up cheerful and happy, she hasn't been like that since the breakup with Xander.

"Alex and his little girlfriend are about to break up and I'm celebrating," Liza says victoriously, letting her hair loose from its tight bun.

Of course, it's about Xander, Mark feels so stupid. There he was thinking she was over him.

"It's always about Xander isn't it?" Mark rolls his eyes as he walks away from the mirror to get his remaining clothes.

"And it's always going to be about him." Liza turns to the angry man, who's putting on his clothes in a haste. "Have you know, when we get back together, this," Liza gestures to the both of them. "Cannot happen again." She clarifies.