TEN

Every woman has thought about getting pregnant and having a kid at one point in their lives, the same as Cara Green. Young Cara always dreamed of having a relationship like her parents and building a family just as her parents did. She wishes to have a man that looks at her the way, her father looked at her mum and she wants her kid to be happy just as she was. For that dream to come true, she has to be prepared, mentally, physically and emotionally. Although Cara hasn't always worked towards the dream, with many pregnancies scares, the 23-year-old is lucky to not have been pregnant at 17. 

She had offered herself to get carry a baby for a stranger a few weeks, and she didn't even understand the gravity until now. Cara is actually pregnant, she has something growing in her.

"What are you going to do?" Cassie walks over to the bed and places the pregnancy test on the nightstand. She then proceeds to sit near Cara who's lost in thought. She places her hand on the side of Cara's face and pushes it on her shoulder. Cara shifts closer to her friend, and put her head in a more comfortable way on her shoulder, as Cassie runs her fingers through her curls.

"I don't know," Cara says honestly, she's yet to fully process the result. "Talk to Xander, I guess."

Maybe she can have a chat with him about the usage of a condom since he obviously lacks the knowledge.

"If it makes you feel better, you have a billion-dollar baby in you." Cassie jokes, nudging her lightly.

"Wow, I feel so much better," Cara says sarcastically as her friend chuckles.

Cara carries her head up, already teary-eyed as she stares at Cassie. Everything is becoming overwhelming, the loss of her mother and this news.

"Hey," Cassie places her hands on both sides of Cara's face, cleaning the tears as it drops from the side of her cheeks. "You are going to be fine." She gives her an assuring smile.

Cara nods, cleaning her tears for herself, cursing the fact that she's acting like a little bitch.

"I already see you as a kick-ass mum." Cassie nudges Cara again this time hard, making her fall on the floor.

"Hey, watch it," Cara points a warning finger at Cassie. "I am pregnant." Cara pouts.

"So you are keeping it?" Cassie smiles widely.

"There isn't even an option." Cara stands up, sitting on the bed again.

"When are you going to tell him?" Cassie asks.

"Someday," Cara groans loudly as she falls on the bed. She doesn't plan on facing him any time soon.

"Get the hell up," Cassie scolds, knowing that if Cara doesn't go today, Xander will never know.

"Not today, I am having a mental break down." Cara whines. Cassie stands, grabs Cara's hands into hers and begins to drag her up.

"You will go see him today." Cassie grunts as she drags the stubborn woman up. Cara struggles out of her grasp but Cassie isn't giving up. Soon, they both fall on the ground, staring at each other face to face.

"Okay, fine," Cara says in defeat.

~~~~

"Sir, your interview starts in a minute." Xander's secretary, Josie, announces as she enters is office.

"I'll be right there." Xander waves her off, barely looking at the girl who touched up her make up just to deliver this message.

"Okay," She maintains her smile as she walks out of the office.