CHAPTER 86: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

This method Sans does to Frisk actually works. Ever find yourself in a panic attack? Use this and think these things.

——

Frisk POV:

The noises and conversations from the TV outside of my small room were faint and distant. My ears blocked out most of the sound so I could hear the screams and cries from my own brain. The tears were at the brims of my eyes. I could feel them just barely able to hold until they spill down my cheeks.

"We're all going to die." I said, losing my sense of reality. The world was spinning. Where am I? All I can feel is fear.

I start shaking.

The world is moving. Shaking beneath me. It's not me who's shaking. It's the world. The world around be won't stop rumbling and the sounds of it are growing louder. The echoes of the voices outside grow even more distant and clogged in my eardrums.

I look down at my sweaty, shaky hands. They were clammy and small compared to everything in this world. Everything the world had to offer was small. All I could feel was fear. Immense fear and pain. Sorrow, pain, fear.

After that she's going after Crypt . Then CCC. Just like the note said. Eventually she's going to get to MMO and that's when I finally die. That's when we all die.

In the midst of things, a pair of skeletal hands grab my shaking hands. I hadn't noticed that I was breathing abnormally and not just my grands were sweaty. "Hey!" He yelled once I looked at him. His voice was less distant. It was closer. "Hey! Frisk! You're having a panic attack! Come back to reality! You're okay!" He said, distantly.

I can't speak. Nothing will come out. My voice is caught in my throat by the world shaking around me. Why won't the world stop shaking?!

"Hey!" Sans said, shaking my hands. "What do you see?! What do you see?" He asked, no— begged me to answer. He looked at me with large sockets and my breathing had calmed a little. "What are five things you can see?"

I can see Sans. A dresser. A door. The floor. And my hands.

"What are four things you can touch?" Sans proceeded to ask after seeing my eyes look around the room for things to see. These random questions didn't get any better.

I can touch my fingers. His hands. His shirt. And my shirt.

I actively touched everything afterwards. Knowing fully well that I had calmed significantly afterwards just this. "Ok" sans added. "What are three things you can hear?" He said. I did it once more, not asking any questions about these strange requests.

"I can hear you." Speaking finally. My voice cracked slightly, allowing a slight blush to creep across my face. "I can hear me and the TV" I said, my sense coming back to normal once more.

Why are these helping me? This is strange? A new method to get people out of panic attacks?

"Good. You can hear." Sans said. "Now, two things you can smell." He said, looking a little more calm then the sight question. "Just do it". He said, after I gave him a strange look.

"I can smell the musky scent of this room and burnt spaghetti." I wrinkled my nose as I saw a faint bit of smoke. A shriek from Papyrus and he disappeared into the kitchen, but other than that, still two things I could smell.

"And one thing you can taste." He said. "Anything. Don't really taste anything in this room." He chuckled slightly.

"A sandwich" I laughed back. "Why did that work?" I asked, trying to ask the most of my questions after this commotion. "I mean, the questions were so random but my brain was already so jumbled I didn't think a second thought."

Which is weird because the only thing I could think was nothing. I wasn't thinking. I couldn't think.

"It gets your mind off of things. It helps ya calm down." He grinned. "An old trick I saw in a book. It's worked with Papyrus and Me throughout our lives." He explained. "You good now?" He asked me.

"Yes. Thank you." I grinned. "So, DICE is gone?" I asked. Slowing my heartbeat down.

"Yeah. It went down last night. Just like
C. H. E. S. S. did. It's strange. There's no pattern or way of knowing which mafia Chara is going to strike next." Sans said, making me feel slightly guilty. "They still think it's a masked assailant or even you. " Sans chuckled. "But we can keep letting them think that." He grinned.

There is a way to know. I can't let you know that though. You'll try to save the day. You can't do that in you condition.
I won't put you in danger. I know what to do now.

"Yeah" I agreed. "Just wondering." I said, trying to ease into the topic. "Is Asgore making you go out anytime soon?" I said. "Because I know I definitely can't leave the apartment at this rate. I don't want to be a bother." I said. "I need to earn an income sooner or later. That wouldn't be fair."

Yeah. "Income". I'll just be running away at this point.

"No. I don't think you need to get any money at this point." Sans said, disappointing me slightly. "However, we do need a steady income, so I'll most likely be heading out tomorrow night or tonight on a job to earn a little bit of gold to buy some groceries." He said, perking me up a bit.

While they're both gone, I'll sneak out. I'll end this myself. I'll beat her. Even if it kills me.

"Okay." I said. Laughing a little. I was trying very hard to cover this up, but it hurt to lie to my best friend. And I hate to say, it's starting to hurt to call him my best friend. "I just was wondering. That's all." I said. "Do you want me in here at all times?"

"Don't sweat it, kid." Sans said. "That would probably be the best bet. We don't know Cow fast Chara moves yet. We don't want her with you anymore, plus she has your face." He added. "I think it's best if you stay here. You'll have lots to do. I'll make sure of it." He smiled. Like any friend would. Friend.

When they're both gone. I'm sorry. You've both been so good to me. I'll hot-wire a car and hit the road. I'll head for CCC or GRACE, depending on when I'll be alone.

"Actually, Kiddo." Sans said. "I don't think it's good for you to be alone right now." He said sympathetically. "You've been having nightmares and panic attacks. You're pretty messed up from the situation." Sans said. "Me or Papyrus could stay with you, if you like—"

"No!" I said, almost too quickly to comfort. "No." I said once more, repeating myself. "I'll be fine. I don't want to be a burden." I said, smiling the fakest smile I could muster. To be honest, being a lone scared me. A lot. With Chara, I'm afraid to sleep alone at night. She could appear from any corner.

"Alright." He said skeptically. "If you say so." He said.

"I say so." I grinned once more. "Let's got outside with them! Maybe we'll learn something!!" I said, practically pushing Sams out of the room and shutting the door. Whilst doing so, I quickly glanced at the spot where the Note was hidden.

I hope this is the right choice..