-chapter fifty five-

Beginne am Anfang

It breaks through his skin, causing web like cracks as Tucker flings his head back and screams in pain. 

It felt... 

good. 

It felt good to hurt him. I felt powerful. 

These thoughts scare me. I shouldn't enjoy making other people hurt. 

I just want to go home. 

My birthday is next month. Will I live to see it? 

Will I turn nineteen? 

Or will the Cullen's find me, frozen at eighteen, a life taken too young by forces much too cruel. 

I stab again. 

Did the twins make it out? Were they caught? 

Stab. 

What about my sister? Is she okay? Was it an elaborate set up to capture me? 

Stab. 

Will I ever see Rosalie again? I can't imagine how she's feeling right now. I'm so, so, sorry Rosalie. 

Sta--

A hand is clasped over mine, keeping it still. "I think that's enough, my dear." 

Everything comes into focus as I exit my head. Tucker is sobbing, multiple wounds fracture like fine china and leak clear venom. 

"You did perfect, luv," Nico purrs. "Are you up for round two?" 

"R--round two?" I repeat. 

"Chase and Lomar need a turn," Nico grins, pulling his arms around my waist to tug me to his chest in a hug. 

I don't understand why he's so touchy. 

He's acting like

...like... 

He's acting like Rosalie. 

He's acting like Rosalie when she feels a need to proclaim me as hers. Whether it's boys at school get too close or she gets jealous of the others and their mates. 

I don't understand. 

I don't want to do that again. I don't like hurting people. Don't make me do it with 'Chase' and 'Lomar'. 

-elastic heart- 

As it turns out, Chase and Lomar are Tucker's coven. They're not gifted and therefore useless to Nico. If Nico was happy with Tucker then Chase and Lomar were safe. 

Chase is Tucker's biological brother. He was with Tucker when he was bitten and was changed too. 

I don't remember seeing him. 

Lomar is Chase's mate, a human that Nico permitted Chase to bite after finding him. I had never heard of a newborn vampire finding their mate within a few months. 

Chase is sixteen or so, obviously the younger brother to Tucker. His wide red eyes are fearful when he's brought in. 

Lomar is in his twenties, a large but gentle man. 

Nico wants me to use fire to hurt them. 

They cower in each others arms as I approach with a lighter. Tucker is forced to compel them to stay put. He's pleading for me to go easy on them. To spare them. He's telling them that it'll be okay.