Chapter 19 - Laws of the Mind

Ruby

"It's Team C.R.D.L." Yang gasps when she looks at their bodies, the damage that has been inflicted upon their skulls. Weiss crouches down by the corpse of Russel; there is a lot of blood on the ground where his head must have been struck. She then looks around, probably to figure out where Cardin's body is. But alas, he is not there, and she looks at Ruby, and they are all beginning to come to the same suspicion.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" Weiss asks them all when she looks away from their corpses.

"I hope we're wrong...Cardin was an asshole but he never struck me as a psycho." Yang states, crossing her arms as she looks at the bodies. Blake looks back at the people watching, her ears can detect the slightest mumbling that people are saying to one another. Some of them are not even looking at the dead; they are looking at Ruby with suspicious eyes. Concern forms over Blake and Sun can sense that. He looks at her and he follows her eyes.

"Why are we letting a crazy girl in on our problems?" One of them whispers to the others.

"Do you think she did it?" Another asks, and Sun sighs with anger when he hears the horrible judgements that people are making about her. He leans down to her ear and whispers to her.

"Want Neptune and I to get them out of here?" He asks her, and she smiles, nodding her head to him gratefully. Sun looks over towards Neptune and he whistles to him in order to get his attention. The blue haired Huntsman looks at him, responding like a dog from how quickly he heard the whistle. Sun gestures towards the crowd and he understands what Sun intends to do pretty quickly. Sun and Neptune both walk towards the crowd, and they both lift their guns up in the air. They both pull the trigger, making everyone jolt from how sudden it was.

"Alright everybody! Party's over, take your popcorn and get the hell out of here." Neptune demands, and they swiftly depart from the area, the officers who are really just hired guns look at them with shocked expressions.

"Hey! You've no right!" The Hired Gun shouts, but Sun leans forward towards him and holds his Junior Badge up in his face.

"Go away!" He slowly pronounces to the Hired Gun, like he is talking to a toddler. The Hired Gun squints his eyes with annoyance at the blonde haired Monkey Faunus, but decides that he might as well go. He and the other Hired Guns turn and leave the scene for the Huntsmen and Huntresses to do their work. Ruby keeps on looking around at the crime scene, using her still developing detective skills as best as she can. She touches some of the blood on the floor, and it sticks onto her finger. She rubs her thumb across it, it is still wet. This could not have happed very long ago; at most this must have been a couple of hours ago. Blake stands beside her and she crouches down as well, examining it as well.

"This was recent, more recent than the Pyromancer and the Headmaster." Blake reports from what she can see.

"Yeah, blood's still wet." Ruby agrees, wiping it down her trouser leg. She stands back up as she looks around with Blake. Yang walks with Weiss and Winter as they search for any kinds of clues, whilst Oscar looks around for anything else, hopefully another one of those Echoes in Time, like the one he saw of the Headmaster. Sun kneels down by the body of Dove and he looks closely at the damage done to his head. The parietal bone in his head has been cracked, collapsed inwards from whatever it was that struck him in the head. Blood has covered most of his face, crimson claret glistening in the starry night sky. The floor beneath where his head hit the ground has been slightly cracked, most likely from the murderer hitting him in the head again. The damage done to the skull could only have been done by multiple strikes with a heavy blunt weapon.