xxii

calum

i dropped my keys on the dining room table, then made my way to the kitchen. i didn't know what i would do for fourteen days, and although i know i always said that, it was true, and probably my number one worry. if i didn't have charlie, i knew i wouldn't ever be safe, let alone feel safe.

i opened my fridge, pulling out a wine bottle. i grabbed a glass from my cupboard, then - with the help of my corkscrew - opened the wine bottle, pouring the reddish-purple liquid into my cup.

i carried the glass - along with the bottle - to my small balcony. making sure my glass door was shut behind me, i sat down on the small metal chair i had out there.

i lifted the glass to my lips, taking a small sip of the alcohol at first, then completely downed it, shutting my eyes as the bitterness took over my tastebuds.

as i poured myself some more wine, i heard my phone ring in my back pocket.

i pulled it from my pants, and looked at the lit up screen,

currently...

it was a text from charlie, and there was a picture attatched of her in the plane, inbetween a sleeping mason and a grumpy ashton who was glaring at the camera.

i felt a smile start to grow on my face, charlie looked absolutely adorable. she somehow managed to always pull off the 'just woke up' look with the messy hair and tired eyes. although other people would probably disagree with me, - especially charlie - i couldn't help but love her in all her states. i managed to find everything about the girl intruiging and likable.

cute(:

i replied, putting my phone back in my pocket. i pulled the cup full of wine in it closer to my lips, inhaling the strong scent of it before taking another large gulp.

*

once again sorry for not updating any of my books in forever but ive honestly been so busy with school and stuff, don't worry i have a long chapter coming up next and i hage a bunch of time to write so dont leave me please

i lost like a huge portion of my readers bc i didnt update and was busy and that makes me sad dont leave me guys i love you guys i have good stuff coming up )):