xx

charlotte

"i don't know, calum, i don't know," i mumbled, laying my hand on his.

silence followed my words, the two of us taking in what was happening. i knew that i should've given calum an earlier notice, but i wasn't even told i was leaving until three days ago, and whenever i had tried to call calum and tell him, i got a sick feeling in my stomach. i didn't have the courage to do it, until now. but, even now, i was still feeling uneasy, knowing how many things could possibly go wrong with me leaving the unstable boy all alone for fourteen whole days.

i didn't even want to think about what would happen to calum when he was all alone, it made me feel not only guilty, but sad. i didn't want him to have an anxiety attack while i was wasn't here. the thing i was most terrified about though, was him relapsing, or doing something even worse, which i couldn't bare to say.

biting my lip, i took an arm and wrapped it around calum, pulling him closer to my body.

"i'm sorry, i feel so bad right now," i said quietly, my free hand going up to run itself in his hair.

"it's not your fault, don't worry about it. i'll be fine, promise," calum said, pulling away slightly and shooting me a large grin.

i couldn't help but smile back, hoping that he would be able to keep his promise.

"what will you do while i'm gone?" i asked, watching as calum's hand made its way to my thigh, gently gripping it.

he shrugged, "i dunno, paint."

"speaking of painting, what are we gonna do with the potrait of me? it's just sitting there on your easel. who's gonna take it?"

"i'm gonna take it and hang it up in my room," calum said, squeezing my leg.

i laughed, "that's a bit weird."

he shook his head, "no, i'm gonna keep it in there while you're gone. i won't be able to see you in real life, so i'll see the painting, and my mind will be at least filled with the mere thought of you."

i blushed at calum's words, a smile starting to form on my lips.

"i'm corny, i know," he laughed lightly.

"you make being corny cute, i don't know how you do it."

"maybe it's a special power of mine, i don't know."

all of a sudden, a thought appeared in my mind, calum had said he would only be painting while i was gone, but i had a better idea.

"i know last time i brought this up, you got mad, but, what if while i was gone, you..." i trailed off.

"i what?" calum asked, confused.

"what if you visit your mom. now, before you start to freak out, think about it. she's your mother, i know she was a jerk to you, but you at least owe her a goodbye. she doesn't have very long to live, calum, and she's the only mother you'll ever have."

he stayed silent, thinking for a few seconds, "i don't think i'm gonna-"

"please, for me," i urged. i wasn't sure why i wanted calum to see his mother so much, i just did. i felt like he needed to fix things with her, and that it would make him feel so much better.

he let out a sigh, "i guess i'll try, but only because i love you and you're asking."

i smiled, "thank you, i know how difficult it's gonna be, but i promise you, it'll be worth it in the long run."

"i hope," calum mumbled, snuggling closer to my body as our eyes averted to the bright television screen.

*

SHORT CHAPTER BUT I CAN EXPLAIN

i wanted to make the next chapter really jam-packed and long and exciting so i cut it off here bc no more boring stuff after this.

basically by no more boring stuff i mean i'm adding lots of drama