8: Poisoned Letter

Start from the beginning

"Whatever you say Mia." she hummed and nudged me. "Oh, by the way, you better hurry and finished that cause Cassius said through our mind link that something about going to the forest. What are the two of you going to do there? I asked Zeyd about it but he tried to change the topic." she said. I quickly ate my food while being careful not to choke and finished it all as fast as I can.

"Wow Mia, never thought that you'd eat that fast. It only meant that what you guys were about to do in the forest is something important. Even Hans and Zeyd will be going." she said and gave me a questioning look.

"Well, it's about how I arrived here and how the rogue's dead bodies were missing." I told her and her eyes widened. I took the clothes Marjorie left me and headed straight to the bathroom.

"How is that even possible? Wait, those rogues are the ones who took Cal right? And how did they disappear?" Venus asked me those questions in one breath.

"That is what we're going to do in the forest, to investigate and yes, they are the ones who took Cally." I said. I wore a large black shirt and khaki shorts. I tucked in the shirt cause it was too large. Good thing the shorts is not too large. This shorts must have been his when he was still a teenager since I can smell the scent of a wardrobe but it still has a faint smell of him which is good.

"I really don't understand why you should go." she asked, still confused about everything. I almost laugh at her.

"That's because I was the one who killed those rogues." I told her and she became quiet for a bit.

"Oh, okay." she said and became silent. I brushed my teeth and washed my face before I went out. I saw Venus sitting on my bed whose gaze focused on the floor with a knotted brow.

"What's wrong?" I asked her which caused her to snap back from her gaze. She gave me a weak and sad smile.

"Nothing. Zeyd and I just had a little fight through our mind link and he's probably stomping his way here right now like a madman." After she said that my door swung open and it revealed a very furious Zeyd. I eyed Venus asking her what she has done to him and she only shrugged.

"I'm sorry your highness but I need to speak with my aethyraz. We have some unfinished business to talk about." he said sternly while his eyes focused on Venus. Venus runs towards my back and hides. I instinctively shielded her from Zeyd.

"You can't have her Zeyd if you're going to be that angry." I said while trying to make my voice strong and stern. Zeyd sighed heavily and pinched the bridge of his nose. After a moment of silence, Zeyd's face became calm as he looked at his aethyraz.

"I'm sorry sweetheart if I got angry at you. Can you please stop hiding and come to me?" he asked sincerely. Venus hesitated a bit but went to his side anyway. Zeyd took her hand and intertwined it with his. They were about to go out when Zeyd stopped and looked at me.

"Oh, Your-"

"Mia, Zeyd. Call me Mia." I cut him off and he gave me a sheepish smile.

"Sorry. Mia, Cassius wanted you to go to his office." he said and the mere mention of his name made my heart skip a beat.

"Y-yeah. I'll be there." I said and they left not before Venus gave me a mischievous look. As soon as the door was closed, I quickly went to my vanity mirror and fixed my hair into a messy ponytail.

They will probably ask me a lot of questions. Guess I should just mix the truth with lies. But would Cassius really believe it?

******

After I'm done preparing, I went outside my room and went straight to his office. I remembered it clearly as I went there yesterday. I knocked on the door and heard him call for me to enter. I went inside and saw him on his table, his face almost hidden from the mountain of papers. I noticed that he wasn't alone since Hans was there sitting on a sofa in front of his table with a few stacks of papers on the coffee table. As soon as Hans saw me, he waved his hand.

Let's Make A Deal, My KingOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara