~*Chapter 19*~

Raaisa’s POV: August 6, 2035

“All right, prisoners, listen up!” Newt claps his hands together like he was addressing a class. He really is mentally ill. “Rule Number One: No backtalk. The punishment is a slap….” He pauses for emphasis. “on the twerp’s face.”

Newt turns to play with Rajah’s hair, ruffling it like he was his uncle or something. Rajah tries to swat his hand away, but two guards quickly grab Rajah’s arms and pin them to his side. My brave little Rajah holds in his screams and tries to look brave and looks so cute that it brings tears to my eyes.

“Leave my child alone.” I say firmly.

“Backtalk! Guards?” One guard lands a blow on Rajah’s cheek.

“NO!” I scream, the tears leaking out. “He hasn’t done anything! Please, there must be some way we can leave Rajah out of this!”

“Let’s be rational, Mr.Warren,” Dana says in a voice she’s trying to keep steady. “Surely there must be some other way we can handle this.” She heaves in a deep breath. I begin to panic, but realize that she’s overstressing. Just like I had when I was pregnant.

I should have been happy. Overjoyed that my best friend was having a baby. But right now, it just felt like another burden. Newt is so…….aggravating. Just plain STUPID. He hurts not one, but two children at the same time and still has a smile on his face. I just want to rip his face off and stomp it into the ground.

“Rule Number Two: You must obey my commands. And all of my commands.” He glares at me. Like we have a choice at the moment, I think.

“Now let’s get to work. Dana, I will have you call Dave and I will put it on speakerphone.You are to tell him to drop out for his own good, but, of course, not mentioning anything about the situation you are in now.” Dana looks torn between screaming at the top of her lungs and bursting into tears. “May I have his phone number?”

Dana coughs, trying to regain her composure as she gives Newt the digits. We are all silent as we listen to the phone ring on Dana’s lap. Brrrrrrng Brrrrrrng Brrrrrng.

“Hello?” It’s not Dave.

“Hi, this is Dana, Dave’s wife. Could I please talk to him?” She answers a few security questions before the person hands it over to Dave.

“Dana?”

“Dave.”

“Hey, honey. Did you need something?”

“Actually, I have to tell you something.”

“Go ahead. I’ll be listening.”