~*Chapter 8*~

Raaisa POV : August8, 2019

    < raaisa we’re back!!! yay! when do u want to meet up? >

Dana’s text is the first thing I see the next morning after the long flight from Hawaii to Colorado. And yes, I did almost cry when I had to say goodbye to Michael...but that’s not the main point here.

< well I think Mike is still sleeping right now maybe a little later in the afternoon? then we can go to dinner together >

    <okay! but we have to meet up ASAP I have something to tell you! ;) >

    < alright see u at ur house in an hour :) >

    <bye! :)>

    I wonder what she has to tell me. We, as BFFFFFFFFFs, never keep secrets from each other….so something must have happened during her and Dave’s trip. Well, whatever it was, it would have to wait until 6.

Dana POV: August 8, 2019

    “Yay, I can’t wait!” I tell Dave as we take our seats at the restaurant and wait for Raaisa and Michael to enter.

    “I’m glad you are giving them the news, I’ve never been good at giving good news.” Dave says with happiness.

    “Delivering good news doesn’t need very much talent, but bad news does.” I say as we see Raaisa and Michael coming towards us, “Which is why I really hope Raaisa doesn’t talk about my dress.”

    “Hi!!” Raaisa and I both scream at each other as we see each other. Raaisa and I hug and all through our welcoming ceremony I tried to hide the huge ring on my finger. I didn’t want to ruin the surprise I had practiced introducing.

“How’d the honeymoon go?” Dave asks winking at Michael.

“Way better than we expected!” Michael replies excitedly.

“How was Europe?” Raaisa asked, giving me a kind glance.

“Nothing like I imagined.” I said with a happy smile, “It was full of surprises to say the least.”

“Did you do all the shopping you were hoping to do?” Raaisa asked with a knowing look.

“Way more than you might think.” I said nervously.

“Sooo, what is that important news you wanted to tell me?” Raaisa asks as her and Michael stare at Dave and I.

“Well… Dana has some good news.” Dave begins as he looks at me to finish.

“Dave and I… we’re getting MARRIED!” I say as I lift up my left hand.

“Omg!!” Raaisa shouts back.

“Congrats!” Michael says.

“Tell me all about the proposal.” Raaisa says as she looks at me waiting for the story. I explained to her every last detail of the romantic proposal. All throughout I could see Dave looking into my eyes lovingly. I returned his kind expression with a small smile.

“We need to go dress shopping before we leave for college.” Raaisa said excitedly.

“Actually, Dave and I decided not to get married for another 2 years.” I said trying to avoid the dress topic.

“Two years?” Michael said in shock, “Raaisa and I could barely wait 3 months.”

“Dana and I are a lot more... patient.” Dave said slowly.