t w e n t y o n e

"Honestly, this is really good." Blake said, downing his slices of french toast.

"I think the water tired you out." She said laughing.

"I don't think it was the wa-" He started, but Lilliana cut him off.

"I know what it was, now shh." She said embarrassed.

"Aw, Lilli, are you blushing?" Blake said, pointing his finger as Lilliana.

"No, I'm not." She said, moving his finger away while pouting.

Then, the sound of a notification buzz filled their ears. Blake looked at his phone and just tossed it to his side on the couch.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.

"Yeah, just the guys wanting to do something tonight." He shrugged.

"Why don't you go?" She asked genuinely.

"Because I want to spend as much time with you." He said.

Lilliana smiled, lightly laughing as she looked down at her baby pink painted fingernails. She started playing with her rings.

"What?" He asked.

"Nothing." She said.

"No seriously, what is it?"

"It's just funny how we met a few days ago and you were the biggest shit face, but now here we are." She smiled, scooting closer.

"Well I'm your shit face." He said laughing.

"Yeah." She said, looking down as her smile faded.

"You're not ready for tomorrow are you?" He said, whispering.

"I don't know how the hell I became so attached to you, Blake." She sighed.

"Why don't you come to tomorrow's game? I have a court-side seat you can use. My sister in law couldn't make it, so just use hers." He said looking at her.

"Are you sure that's a good idea? Plus, I'll literally be all over those news outlets because of the previous days we've been out and now I'm sitting court-side at your game?"

"I know, but I'd love to have you there. Plus, you can watch me play and get all sweaty." He winked.

Lilliana shook her head laughing. She definitely wanted to go, but she just didn't know if should.

She knew how Blake felt about her and how she felt about him, but was he ready for a relationship? Was she ready? There were so many things going through her head, however she blurted out,

"Yeah, I'll go."