t w e l v e

The sun shined through the large, glass window that was to the right of the king sized bed and awoke Lilliana. She propped herself up, leaning her head against the dashboard, feeling a killer headache. She then looked down to see a large t-shirt on her. It was definitely Blake's.

She put her hand to her head to try and recall last night's actions; did she sleep with him? Her thoughts vanished as Blake came through the door
with a tray full of food. He smiled and wished her good morning.

"Did w-" She started, but he presumed to cut her off with a soft 'no.' She nodded.

"Thanks, for changing my clothes and taking me back safely."

"It's no problem." He said.

The two sat in bed, eating breakfast that Blake got from a known cafe down the street. He sat there eating with a worried look on his face and Lilliana noticed it.

"Is everything ok?" She asked.

"Are you in trouble?" He blurted.

"What?"

"Last night when I was looking for the key to the room an envelope fell out, it had an address to a prison. Are you in some kind of trouble? Do you need money or lawyers?" He asked.

"Blake, I'm ok. I'm not the one in trouble." She sighed.

"Then why do you have that in your purse?"

Lilliana sighed, not wanting to expose the horrid truth. However, throughout the past 2 days she felt like she really could trust Blake, despite their rough beginning.

"I'm not trying to make this a sob story, so please stop looking at me like I'm glass just ready to break," She sighed, "My parents, well, my biological parents, had me young. My mom was 18 and my dad was 19. They were both druggies and drop outs. They didn't have the resources or dignity to take care of me. They left me on their neighbors doorstep when I was three months old. From there, the couple then took me in, and started the adoption process right away. At the time they were 26 and 28, and not only that, but prepared to be parents; prepared for the commitment. A year later, I was theirs. I was raised by them here." She sighed, once more. "My mother abused drugs way more than my father, she overdosed a couple of years after my adoption. My father, he wanted to keep me, however, couldn't do it on his own. 10 years ago, when I was 12, he got really drunk at a bar and got charged on three accounts of assault. That's why I have that stupid letter, because he writes to me, from prison. I still haven't opened it though." She said all of this, with tears being held back. However, Blake could sense the stinging she was feeling through her shaky voice.

"I'm so, so sorry." He said, holding her.

She broke down in his arms, hurting.

"That's not even the worst part, Blake." She whispered.

He pulled away just enough to see her face. He looked down and wiped her tears.

"What is it, Lilli?"

"When he got into those fights, he stabbed one, killing him."

Blake looked beyond shocked; he was beyond shocked. How could a loving, caring woman like Lilliana go through this much?

"Come here." He said, pulling her even closer, enough to where she was on his lap.

They sat like this for a while, Blake's hands tangled in her hair. Her shaky breath became steady again, pulling away from him.

"Guess I'm not the girl with surgeon parents to you. anymore." She giggled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Well, you technically are," He laughed, "But you deserve to have them as your parents; you deserved that loving home." He smiled.

Lilliana looked at him, caressing his cheek. For the first time, she truly felt loved by a man. Not just any man though, Blake Griffin. The asshole who's actually the biggest softy there is.