n i n e

Instead of taking the elevators that would have been filled with drunken men and women, the two climbed the stairs all the way up to the rooftop. The skyline matched up perfectly with the building, seamlessly creating an illusion that seemed as though they were on the clouds and the stars around them so close they could almost touch them.

The dark, black sky with white specks representing stars shined down on Lilliana, making her complexion glow. Blake caught a glimpse of her, looking beautiful as ever. Though, he wouldn't let that much come out of him. He was holding back.

"Why'd you bring me here?" She asked.

"I wanted to show you how nice it looks outside at night, especially downtown."

She nodded, taking in the bright colors of the rainbow reflecting onto other buildings from their casino. She was born and raised in Michigan, however never seen such a beautiful skyline.

"Do you prefer LA or here?" She asked, looking at him while the wind moved her hair around.

"Honestly, here. A fresh start, new team, and I've met some pretty cool people along the way. Nothing could beat the down to earth people that are here in Michigan and not California." He responded.

Lilliana agreed, she definitely loved California but this was home to her and enjoyed life here. She looked out at the stars, admiring them.

"I thought you'd like it." He smiled.

"I do, thank you, for everything." She lightly laughed.

Blake then leaned off the rail and took Lilliana's hand, leading her to the stairs and back into the hotel/casino. He was definitely falling for her, but he would try to let his attitude seep through more than his feelings at times. He didn't want to show attachment. But that would be pretty hard when the girl of your dreams was practically right in front of you.