CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

(Disclaimer: Original pic is not mine [If the owner wants me to remove it, I will]. However the editing is mine. Also, this is not a fanart, just some editing and filters made by me on my computer.)

--

A/N: [PLEASE READ]

Hello guys & merry (late) Christmas for those of you who celebrate it/lovely (late) day for those who don't~ I hope you're having a marvelous holiday! So, I'm late (as always or it wouldn't be me lol) but I made this special Christmas present just for you~
This is a Christmas special chapter so it is set in the same universe, but it is in no way chapter 12. In fact it's not linked with the current story arc at all, and it's not what will happen later on in the fanfic either aha.

With that in mind, I wish you all a good read~

-- (Crossposted on Ao3)

 The Young Wings screeching was the first thing Woojin heard in the morning. The next thing he did heard was his partner's voice singing what sounded like an Earth Christmas song and the rattle of utensils. Frowning, he rolled over into the bed, missing the warmth of the human as he stretched a bit to try to wake up. What was Chan doing out of bed so early in the morning? There was no reason at all for him to be up already. Well, at least now he had the bed all to himself.

Slumping back into the warm covers, he almost fell back into slumber when the mattress dipped by his left side. A warm hand carded through his hair and he hummed in acknowledgment, peppermint scent invading his nostrils.

'Good morning to you too.' Chan laughed, dropping the tray on the end of the mattress. He slipped back under the covers next to his lover and leaned down to kiss his cheek. Woojin whined and turned around, wrapping his arms around Chan's neck and bringing him back down for a proper kiss. Chan smiled warmly against his lips and relented, dropping a kiss on his lips – Woojin in the morning was too endearing for him to refuse him anything.

'Good morning.' Woojin greeted him properly this time, pulling back as Chan chased his lips one last time as he always did, always too intoxicated by his other half even though it'd been years since they fell in love, and the Stray finally opened his eyes fully. He smiled at the human and brushed a hand against his jaw. 'You need a shave.' he commented, and Chan nipped at his hand playfully, making him gently slap him away. 'Why are we up so early, Chan?'

The scientist grinned and sat up, reaching over for the tray he had dropped by the end of the bed. And seeing its contents, Woojin grinned too – gingerbread, pecan pie, pancakes, oranges and hot cocoas were waiting for them.

Today was Christmas Eve.

'I know that you, Strays, don't celebrate Christmas but I thought bringing a touch of Earth tradition in this house wouldn't hurt.' Chan chirped, biting into a pancake. Woojin laughed at him, eyes forming those lovely crescents that never ceased to make Chan's heart beat faster, and took a warm hot cocoa in his hands.