Chapter 10: Dear heart...

(Disclaimer: Original pic is not mine [If the owner wants me to remove it, I will]. However the editing is mine. Also, this is not a fanart, just some editing and filters made by me on my computer.)

------------

A/N:H-hello aha?

I'VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH GUYS T.T How are you?~

I'm sorry I took so long, and while I'm the procrastination queen, I had a good reason for once ahaha: I had a summer job! But it was wayyyyy too time consumming so I quit ahaha. And now I'm back to writing my baby *.* I had so much fun writing it guys,you can't even imagine~ And I honestly think it's the chapter I loved writing the most so far, so I reallllly hope you'll enjoy it as well aha!!! It's slightly shorter than the other ones tho, but you'll understand why at the end ;)

So without further ado, enjoy~

-- (Crossposted on Ao3.)

-------------------------------------------------

'Jisung, you really don't have to come if you're not ready to face them.'

Chan's voice made Jisung froze in his track. Biting his lips, he looked down and clutched his gun close to his heart. He was terrified.

JYP had asked to see them yesterday. At first they thought that it was because they were caught going out at night, but no, instead JYP had revealed to them what happened to the Young Wings. While he was shocked and saddened by the news, his fear of the creature was quick cloud his mind. And when he heard that they were close to the brink of death unless humans stepped in, he knew right away what their boss would ask of them; he would ask them to save the creatures. But he also knew that JYP wouldn't force him to help Changbin and Chan in their task – the two having already accepted it with no second thoughts or whatsoever – and he was glad for that.

But as scared as he was, he couldn't just stand here and wait for the other two scientists to do their jobs, especially not when he was the one with the most advanced knowledge in the medicine field. He knew he could help, he had to help... fear be damned.

So they spent the whole night studying Young Wings' metabolism and finding solutions, and eventually they did. And when they woke up today, with only two hours of sleep in their systems, they had only hoped that it would work out.

Now all that was left to do for him was to... calm down. He tried to reason himself by thinking that those were harmed and wouldn't be able to hurt him. But fear is fear, and the images of the attack kept flashing in his mind. However, he knew Chan would be there, Changbin would be there, and Minho would be there... They would protect him, he knew that. And if he were to spend five years on this planet, he might as well get used to facing Young Wings without fearing them!