CHAPTER 5: Once upon a time...

(Disclaimer: Original pic is not mine [If the owner wants me to remove it, I will]. However the editing is mine. Also, this is not a fanart, just some editing and filters made my me on my computer.)

-----------

A/N: Hello everyone! Guess who's back? *Go hides behind a corner*

I'm soooooo sorry for the long wait!!! But it is here now, and I can't wait for you to read it, god I've been missing you guys (uni's been a b*tch lately and I was busy writing a two-shot on NCT). I really thank you guys for not giving up on this fic even though I'm the worst author in the universe when it comes to upadates schedule lmao, you guys are really the best.

Now, about the serious matters: STRAY KIDS FINALLY DEBUTED, I'M CRYING!!! Humhum, sorry for this little moment of hysteria. But, really, I'm so happy, it was so good, and I can't wait for them to grow and keep on growing as beautiful artists. Also, guys, we broke the record, I'm so proud of us!

Anyways, without further ado and as a way to celebrate their debut, here comes my chapter. Enjoy~

-- (Crossposted on Ao3.)

-------------------

The first rays of Glow settled over the horizon, gently stirring awake its inhabitants-

'Ya ya ya, Jeongin raise your fat ass from this bed and come eat-'

'Shut up HWANG HYUNJIN!'

Head pocking from his bedroom's window hole, he glared daggers down at the boy who was seated on his usual spot a few meters below. 'Can't you let me sleep in, at least once in my lifetime?' he whined, eyes half opened and chin resting on his folded arms.

'Well, well, would you look at that Seungmin-ah? A living bird nest.' Hyunjin exclaimed, looking down at his other friend, who was half asleep against his shoulder. Seungmin only leaned further against him with closed eyes and nodded.

'Well if you don't just go in with traitor number 2, a bird might flip out of it.' he threatened, flipping them off anyways as he left his bedroom.

Padding toward the main room, he expected to be greeted with the smell of warm Gyujaks fruits, his brother and their other two flatmates seated at the table.

But no.

Instead, Felix and Woojin were snuggled up against each others on the couch, the former still drowsy and pale, cuddled in a lilac rug. Next to them was Minho, looking restless, tapping his feet nervously against the ground, in a three tap pattern. The three tap pattern.