"Can you tell us what happened?" Chat asked him, kneeling beside his friend. Nino paused before nodding slowly. "Whenever you're ready." Nino took a deep breath.

"I found a letter, the one that you ripped, after class. It belongs to my friend. It was just a rude letter his dad wrote to him." Marinette's eyes widened. Adrien's letter. She glanced at the item before returning her attention to Nino. "I was so angry. Then my whole body turned numb and I had no control over my actions. It was like I was watching myself do all these things. I'm sorry." Nino put his head in his hands. Marinette's heart ached for him. He was just upset like she was earlier.

"We have to get going. Thank you for the information and spread the word that people need to start controlling their emotions. I think that's what Hawkmoth feasts on. Pure, raw, negative emotion." Marinette said before hopping on her broom, Chat mirroring her. Chat flew over with his fist out. Marinette made a face at him.

"It's a fist bump. It can be our thing, every time we save someone. We can have a saying too, unless that's too cringey for you." Chat began. "It's corny, isn't it. Okay we can forget abo-"

"Pound it." She said simply. Now it was his turn to make a face. "That's our saying, now gimme a fist bump Chat." Marinette laughed at his expression. They both met in the middle. "I've got to go before we reveal ourselves. See you around Chat." She gave him a wink before flying up. When she was out of sight, tikki exited her earrings. Marinette smiled at her owl friend.

   "So now you're on a winking level?" Tikki asked teasingly. She flew onto the broom next to Marinette.

   "I mean he is definitely attractive Tikki but he's my partner so it has to be professional. Also I know nothing about him nor should I." Marinette smiled at her friend.

   "And there's Adrien." Tikki giggled at the now blushing heroine. Marinette roller her eyes at the little owl.

   "Yes Tikki, also Adrien."

• • •

Marinette stared blankly at her textbook in the common room. She sat on a pillow next to the fire trying to read ahead in her History of Magic class. The quidditch captain, Kagami, suggests that they try to get ahead on homework so they can have more time when quidditch season gets competitive. While her and Adrien attempted to do so, Alys was trying to teach Nino wizard chess.

   "No no no that's not." Alya sighed into her hands. "Okay let's just say I won. Deal?" Alya asked extending her hand. Nino nodded in agreement, shaking her hand.

   "Thank god, I am terrible at that game. Hey Mari can you help us with the spell from yesterday. We have to do it for Professor Bustier tomorrow and you seem like a natural at it." Nino asked her. Marinette quickly grabbed her wand, looking for reason to not read anymore.

"The key is to accentuate the gar and the o in Wingardium Leviosa." Marinette also demonstrated the whisk and flick of the wrist. Nino was struggling so she went over and guided his hand herself. Adrien, being a good student, continued reading during the mayhem Nino was causing by trying to get a feather to float. Adrien joined in the conversation when everyone cheered for Nino after successfully levitating the feather.

   "Wow Marinette, how did you get so good at this?" Adrien asked her with genuine curiosity. There was only one other witch with natural talent like this.

   "Keep this a secret but my dad has been teaching me from a young age. I wouldn't actually use a real wand but I would learn the incantations along with the motions. He would mimic my actions with his wand and if it worked for him then I got it right. It just helps to know the basics. And some." Marinette explained. She smiled at the thought of her dad. She has been so busy she barely thought about how much she missed her parents. After some more light conversation, the group of four went their separate ways to bed. All but one however. Marinette said she wanted to read some more but she was thinking about how her dad taught her spells when she was young. And how she would need to learn more battle spells if she was to succeed as Ladybug. She needed to get to the library and find a book on the topic. But if she went as Marinette it would be too suspicious. After an internal debate, she decided to just quickly transform, just to get the book.

• • •

   Marinette in full Ladybug attire quickly made her way to the library which was still open. She worked her way to the Defense Against the Dark Arts section. If her teacher wasn't going to help, she would have to learn herself. She also passed by another book that caught her eye. "The life and times of Hawkmoth" followed by "The final battle: the end of Hawkmoth's terror." The spotted teen grabbed both of those too. So when her and Chat have to face him, they know what spell has already stopped him. Marinette found herself and quiet little corner and made herself comfortable. She began to read the first Hawkmoth book. It was much more interesting than a normal history book. She was jolted from her thoughts when a familiar feline sat next to her.

   "Fancy seeing you here m'lady. At least now I know you're a student too. I wonder if we're in the same year?" Chat smiled at her. Marinette looked up and saw his green catlike eyes starring at her's.

   "Chat...the less we know about one another, the safer it is." Marinette saw his smile dip before returning just as quick. "Get a book on DADA. The teacher is horrible and we need to learn."

   "I originally thought you'd be an obvious Gryffindor. Brave, natural leader." Chat said. Marinette smiled softly at the compliment. "But now I find you face first in a book? You could be a Ravenclaw. Especially with those clever plans of yours. You're a regular bookworm I presume." She couldn't help but laugh. "What?"

   "Nothing it's just that." Marinette continued laughing. "If any of my friends heard my civilian self be referred to as a bookworm they would be like 'Uh excuse me? I think you have the wrong M-'" she stopped herself as soon as she heard the mistake. Chat raised his eyebrows.

   "So ladybug's name starts with an M and is not a bookworm but has piercing bluebell eyes that can read your soul. It's a start. I'll take it."

   "Chat. Not a word to anyone, got it?"

   "I promise to never tell a soul Bugaboo."

                                                                                              1870 words