35 ~ Magic bean

Heyy, would you look at that. For once I actually updated a week after the last update. But you guys deserved a quick update, so here it is
So, I don't know if you've noticed, but I've once more changed the way the paragraphs are set up, because the older way was messing up the comments and I finally got the courage to start changing all the previous chapters.

<<<Day 74>>>

"Now, stay focused on what you feel," Tinker Bell instructed slowly as she circled Adelina, who was sitting in a chair, eyes closed, iron chains wrapped around her body. The fairy's cottage was silent except for the two girl's breathing and the soft footfalls. "Keep your mind fixed on the sensations in your body, do not let it wander." Adelina nodded as she tried to remain focused. "Feel every itch on your skin, feel every minuscule spasm of your muscles. And now feel deeper," Tinker Bell murmured. "Feel the solidity of your bones, supporting your body, feel the strength trapped inside your muscles, feel the hum of magic rooted into your very core, feel it as it runs in your every vein, as it strengthens your every limb, as it heightens all your senses."

Softly, like the murmur of the wind blowing through the branches of a tree, the whisper of her magic increased to a steadier buzzing. "I can feel it," Adelina whispered, a grin spreading over her face from the incredible feeling.

"Good, now stay focused on those feelings," the fairy insisted calmly. "And once you feel ready, once you feel as though your magic has imbued every part of your body, you can try to free yourself from your chains."

Breathing deeply, Adelina remained still a few moments more, concentrating on the feeling of her magic empowering her. Then, with a surge of immense strength, she contracted her muscles, straining them only for a second before there was a loud breaking sound, and the chains around her ruptured, falling to the ground in a noisy heap.

Realizing what she did, Adelina leaped up from the chair, screaming. "I did it! I did it!" She clapped her hands happily as she jumped up and down in celebration around the cottage.

Tinker Bell only watched her from a small distance, a discreet smile on her lips due to the euphoria of her student. Adelina had first come to her some odd two weeks ago, when she'd been seeking help and refuge from Pan's tricks and games, yet a few days later already, she had returned to her doorstep, a hopeful expression on her face as she'd asked her if she really could teach her how to use her magic. At first, progress was difficult. Adelina was utterly unable to access her magic, she kept being distracted or loosing her patience because of the lack of improvements. Now, five lessons later, thanks to Tinker Bell's seemingly infinite patience, her calm demeanor and her excellent teaching skills, Adelina had finally been able to control her magic enough to use it.

"That's great, Adelina! Congratulations," Tinker Bell praised, addressing her student a warm smile.

"Thank you!" Adelina squealed as she rushed towards her teacher to give her a hug. Tinker Bell had never been much of a physical affection enthusiast, yet still, she hugged her back. After all, over time, she had grown pretty fond of the lost girl. "This is all thanks to you," she beamed as she disentangled herself from the hug enough to look at the fairy in the face.

"Let's not get too overexcited, okay?" Tinker Bell suggested with a small chuckle. "You're still a long way from mastering your magic."

Adelina groaned, suddenly loosing all of her enthusiasm. "I know, it's just so complicated" She plopped herself dejectedly back onto the wicker chair, burying her head in her hands and massaging her temples. "I just can't grasp the concept in itself of magic." She waved her hand in a defeated pattern over her head. "When Pan makes it appear, it feels one way, uncontrollable but incredibly strong, but when I work with you, my magic feels different, more fragile, yet easier to tame." She chuckled, looking up at the fairy. "I'm not making any sense, am I?"