23 ~ Hunting

Woooooowww guysssss The monster inside Peter Pan has reached 100k!!!!!! I'm so happy right now I never dared hope to have so many reads!!! Thank you all so much for sticking with me and reading my stories!!!
So here's the next chapter to celebrate the 100k <3

<<<Day 32>>>

Dawn's soft light was only just breaking when Adelina stepped off the wooden ladder and onto the soft ground of the main clearing, the grass still wet with morning dew. Only a couple of quiet souls were up at this hour, mostly lost boys who'd been on patrol all night and had only now returned. She on the other hand, had a rendezvous with Pan at his thinking tree for their now daily fighting lessons.

The muted silence of the morning was disrupted by a rattle of chains coming from behind her, making her start. "Well if it isn't Peter Pan's newest lassie," said a voice that made the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She knew that voice.

Spinning around, a hand instinctively resting on Metentis, the hazy tendrils of sleep completely left her mind as her eyes landed on a man, and not just any man, the pirate that had attacked her yesterday, and survived. He was sitting at the foot of a tree, both of his hands manacled, the chain connecting them wrapped around the trunk.

Eying up his chained and beat up state, she swallowed down her fear, he couldn't hurt her anymore. "Well, if it isn't one of Hook's murdering pirates," she greeted back acidly, recalling how enthusiastically he'd considered killing her.

The pirate had the audacity to chuckle. In the gloom that still hung underneath the trees, he didn't seem too roughed up. But squinting slightly, she could see the now dry blood that caked around his nose and mouth, and when he smiled she swore he had even less teeth left than the day before. But all that wasn't her problem. She knew she probably wasn't allowed to speak to him, so she was about to turn away to grab something to eat when he spoke to her again.

"You have no idea what you've gotten yourself into, lassie," he called out after her, the rattle of his chains emphasizing his statement.

Adelina flinched at the volume of his voice, and she threw a glance over her shoulder, afraid that the lost boys in the clearing had noticed her speaking to the prisoner, but they were all so sleep deprived that none of them had even looked up from their bowls of porridge. Cautiously, she stepped closer to the bloody pirate so that she too was concealed by the shadows that lurked under the trees.

"If you mean to threaten me for what we did to your pirate friends, don't waste your breath," she snapped, indicating his imprisonned state with a wave of her hand. "You can't hurt any of us anymore."

This time, the pirate threw his head back in laughter, wincing slightly when fresh blood trickled out of his swollen lips. "You think I was threatening you?" he asked between chuckles. "God, no. I was warning you."

She sneered. "Consider me warned." She turned away, she had no time to waste with the likes of him, she had to find Pan.

"I wasn't warning you about us, lassie." Adelina faced him one last time. He grinned when he saw he'd gotten her attention. "Im telling you that you have no idea what you've gotten into, coming to Neverland. Letting us kill you? It would have been merciful."

"What are you going on about?"

He shook his head, almost as if in pity. "You have no idea what's coming. All the horrors out there waiting for you." He licked his lips, relishing in her uncertainty. "By the time you realize that I was right, it'll be too late."