15 ~ New arrival

Heyy guys sorry the updates aren't frequent but I'm going on vacation for like five weeks and I'm not sure I'll be able to update then, but when I come back I'm sure to have a lot of chapters for you
Anyways, enjoy!!

<<<Day 20>>>

Adelina made her way underneath the thick canopy of jungle leaves, immersing herself in semi-darkness. Felix had strongly recommended that she skip training that day and rest, yet there she was. Her face was still bruised from three days ago and her muscles ached with stabbing lances if she wasn't careful with how she moved her limbs, but it wasn't anything she couldn't manage. What she couldn't have managed though was to imagine the gleam of satisfaction in Ryan's eyes as he learned that even though she was awake, she was hurting too much to attend training. And to add to her motivation, she'd already lost enough training days as it was.

The dark path that had become familiar to her over the course of her stay here wound its way through the trees, sometimes disappearing behind a bush to reappear a few feet later, other times erasing itself completely in the shadows. Having been gazing ahead with unfocused eyes, they narrowed as she thought she caught a shadow move in the gloom. Yet no one should've been here, training had started at least an hour ago.

Adelina hoped that she'd been imagining things, but with a sinking heart, she saw Ryan emerge from the darkness, his lips curling into an arrogant grin as his eyes landed on her. As if him bumping into her had been an accident, she thought bitterly.

"Oh, well if it isn't Seeping Beauty herself... Finally awake?" he feigned a tone of surprise.

"Yep." She plastered on a blatantly fake smile. "When I realized none of you idiots were worthy enough of being my prince I just woke myself up." He'd stopped right in front of her. She tried to brush past him while keeping a straight, emotionless face, but he held his hand up, blocking her path.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asked contemptuously, his golden eyes glaring down at her were like daggers.

"Training," she answered simply. At his sneer she asked innocently, "What? You don't think girls should train? Oh wait," she breathed, widening her eyes as if she'd realized something, "I don't care."

"No," he shrugged nonchalantly, "just surprised that you haven't given up yet after all the beatings you've gotten."

"Well if you're surprised, then you clearly don't know me at all," Adelina spat.

"Especially since thirty days aren't exactly in your reach," he added.

Her eyes narrowed. "How did you know about that?"

His grin turned triumphant. "I was the one who gave Pan the idea."

Anger was building up inside her, but she bit it down. She tried once again to move past him, just to be blocked once more. Ryan's lips twitched and he took a step even closer to her, yet she refused to back down - that was probably what he wanted. He had a glimmer in his eyes that she'd seen before, and it made her gut twist with fear and revulsion.

"You're a feisty one," he said as he brought up his hand to curl a loose strand of her blond hair around his finger. "I like it." He leaned his head in a little closer so that her baby hairs were touching his forehead. It was all she could do not to squirm at the invasion of her space. "Turns me on."

She slapped his hand away, disgusted at his perverted behavior. "Don't touch me," she snarled, her glare blazing.

His amber eyes darkened as he took another step closer, so close that she could now feel his hot breath wash over her face, but still she didn't back down. Just then, the leaves above their heads shifted slightly with the breeze and a ray of sunlight hit her hair, making it turn a brilliant shade of molten gold. Ryan took once again hold of that loose strand in his fingers. "You've got really pretty hair," he said simply, almost like a child. "I once knew a girl who had hair just like yours." His voice lost for a second its unpleasant quality. "Her name was Jade."