5 ~ Violence

Okay this one is long like the longest chapter I've ever written but don't get used to it I don't always have as much information to pour into just one chapter
Sorry for the wait, I took some time to really rearrange all the thoughts in something more organized and I basically straightened up the mess I've made of all my ideas so writing should go smoother now
Chapters should start becoming more interesting
Anyways thanks for reading;)

<<<Day 2>>>

Adelina was pulled out of her dreamless sleep violently and yet for no reason, a bullying hand jerking her out of her peaceful sanctuary of imagination to bring her back home.

Home.

Her heart sank as reality was doused over her like a bucket of ice cold water. She wasn't home, she was still stuck on this cursed island. Reluctantly, she peeled her eyes open. The wood paneled walls were still standing around her, the golden sunlight that only appeared in the middle of nature still filtered through her decrepit, squared windows, the thatched roof of her treehouse was still present over her head, she was still lain on the same hard mattress she'd fallen asleep on last night.

But what felt wrong was the silence that rested around her, much like when she'd first gotten to camp a day prior. Where were they all?

Hadn't Pan said something about training? Slowly exiting her room, she felt as if she were doing something illegal. Pan hadn't said anything about her having to stay in her treehouse, yet wouldn't he expect her to stay in there? Otherwise couldn't she just escape?

But Pan's words came back to her, reminding her that if she even tried to leave, she would die, for there were many dangerous things outside of camp. It was so diabolically simple it frustrated her. Pan didn't have to worry that she'd leave, he could give her absolute freedom, for she had nowhere to go but camp itself.

Through the silence, Adelina crossed the empty clearing and then stopped near the end he of the jungle, surveying her options. Many paths wound their own ways into the trees, yet only a few were large and well defined enough to be the one that lead to wherever their training took place. The one she'd been on yesterday, Michael told her, lead to the beach, so that one was ruled out. But that left her with three other choices. Deciding to pick the path between the small one she'd emerged from for the first time and another, large and used path, she set herself walking, admiring the scenes this path had to offer.

With every step she took deeper into the jungle, she was more and more captivated by the beauty hidden underneath the canopy of leaves. The jungle didn't seem dark and foreboding as it had the day before, instead, it was light and animated, carefree. Her eyes drank in the lush vegetation, the ferns colored a dark rich green, rustling softy whenever a breeze were to trickle by. She loved the flowers that blossomed in the most unexpected places, dotting the green expanse with splashes of color. And the trees, so tall and thick, spreading their branches outwards, weaving in and out with the other trees' branches, together forming a vast awning of unending leaves, always kept alive, whether by the wind waking them up or the critters scurrying up and down their branches. Oh, and that smell, rich, musky and vibrant smell, the smell of a jungle, alive and filled with promises.

Adelina kept strolling down the path, not seeking out the training area anymore, her head bent towards the heavens, a smile stretched across her face. She was trying to take it all in, the sight, the smell, the sounds, so different from the loud, crowded noises of a big city, appreciating it while it lasted. Her ears thrived as they picked up from somewhere overhead the trilling songs of birds, giving in to the lightness and vibrant life and joy they brought, when another, not so pleasant sound, interrupted her fantasy world.