Chapter 5

6lack's POV

"So you just gonna let your little thot talk to me like that?" Jaycina questioned as she used her eyes to throw daggers at me.

If looks could kill.

"Shut up Jay, I already told you it wasn't like that," I said as released Syx from her car seat. "I also don't appreciate you storming in my crib causing problems."

"TA! Me causing problems? If you didn't hang around thirsty ass groupies all the time we wouldn't have any problems," she said as she folded her arms across her chest. "Shit, we might even still be together," she added.

I sighed and rocked Syx in my arms, "I'm not going there with you Jay. Is this all her stuff?"

"There's one bag in the car, I'll go grab it."

Jay walked back to the front door to retrieve Syx's bag.

"Your mom needs help,"  I whispered to Syx just before Jaycina reentered the living room.

"Here," she said as she handed me a light blue duffel bag.

"Thank you," was all I said.

There was an awkward silence. The two of us just looked around my living room to avoid looking at each other.

"Well I guess I'm going then," Jay said as she adjusted her purse on her shoulder. "Do not have that thot, or any of your little groupies around my baby"

Jay kissed Syx's forehead and then swiftly exited my house.

"Finally..." I exhaled.

Tori's POV

I didn't  wasn't paying attention to where I was driving to, I soon recognized the landmarks around me and realized I was headed towards my parents house.

Within ten minutes I was pulling up in front of my parents massive house.

I stood at the front doors for a while, building up the strength to use my key

I stood at the front doors for a while, building up the strength to use my key. I had a good relationships with my parents, but the last time I was here we had a huge argument. I couldn't remember what it was about if I tried, but my mother...she  wouldn't forget.

I took a deep breath and used my key to open the front door. I walked down the foyer looking down at the white marble floor, pristine as usual.

"Hello," I called out. It seemed silly, calling out for someone in an empty house.

The sound of heels clicking on the floor came from above me. I was sure it was my mom. My body tensed up, prepared for the worst.

"Tori?" A feminine voice asked softly.

I slowly turned towards the winding staircase and was met with my sisters hazel eyes.

"Jade, thank God!" I ran towards her and she met me at the bottom of the stairs.

I took her into my arms and hugged her tightly. "I'm so glad to see you," I said once our hug ended.

"Same here sis, where you been?" She questioned me.

"You know where I stay, that's where I been." We walked towards the living room and plopped down on the cozy black sofa.

"The real question is where are you going looking all sexy?" I inquire.

Jade laughed, "Girl no where, this for Instagram."

I laughed with her, "You are too much."

"Oh I'm too much? Ha, I could say the same about you."

I rolled my eyes at her, "Yeah whatever."

"Why you over here anyway? Ain't you scared of momma and daddy now?" She teased me.

I gave her the middle finger, " No, I'm not scared of them. Just haven't had a reason to come over."

"I drove over here kind of on accident. I was pissed and this is where I ended up," I shrugged.

"Who you mad at sis?"

"It don't even matter," I sighed and sank deeper into the couch.

"Mmm okay girl, if you say so," Jade said dropping the subject.

I looked over my little sister closely. Her hair was straight and hung past her shoulders, her doe shaped eyes looked the same. She had a bit of a fuller figure now but it suited her.

"I wanna show you something that I think will matter to you," she said as she typed away at her phone.

"You aren't pregnant are you? I'm too young to be an auntie."

"Girl no, look," she said as she passed me her phone.

On the screen was a photo, and at first I couldn't tell why I should care about the picture but then I realized that the picture was of me.

"What the hell," I muttered.

It was from that night at the club. The photo was taken as Gem plopped down on to Ric's lap and the caption was "6lack's getting lucky tonight." Obviously I wasn't the focal point of the picture, but I was in it and it insinuating things about me.

"Fucking gossip sites," I said and I passed handed her phone over to her.

"So what's the tea sis, how do you know his fine ass?" Jade bit on her lip as she called him fine.

"I don't know him. He came to Waffle House while I was working then he saw me and Gem in the club and invited us up. That's it, I don't know him." I spoke quickly.

Jade gave me the side eye, "That's it?"

"That's it," I repeated.

"I don't know sis, two years in the city working at that dusty joint and you just so happen to meet one of the sexiest men in Atlanta? Oh, who also so happens to be a rapper?" Jaded said. "And this picture of you and Gem in a club is nothing? Sounds suspicious to me" she added in disbelief.

I pursed my lips and crossed my arms over my chest. Part of me was mad at Gem because that picture wouldn't exist if she didn't get drunk and throw herself at him.

"How about two years in the city and you still are stuck under mom and dads thumb... sounds suspicious to me," I teased.

She whacked me with a pillow, "hey I'm moving at my own pace. And don't act like you aren't still spending daddy's money."

"Touché."