Eight

Kuroko

"Ugh, I hate him so much!"

I buried my face into my pillow and screamed into it.

It's been a week since the incident happened. And even though I've been ignoring his existence, Sei-kun has been really persistent.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I groaned and flailed around. "How can you mess me up so bad? Ugh!"

My door suddenly opened and I heard a teasing snicker.

"What's wrong Tetsu-chan? It's unusual for you to throw a fit after coming home from work."

"I-It's nothing, Ma." I sat up and looked at my mother with a pout. "I'm just... having a bad day."

"Do you want to talk about it, sweetie?" she smiled softly and sat on the edge of my bed. "Mom's willing to listen?"

"But I'm not a teenager anymore." I grumbled and grumpily crossed my arms.

"So what?" Mom giggled and ruffled my hair. "You're still my little angel though~"

"Mom~" I whined.

"Okay okay, I'll stop." she laughed. "But you can tell me what's bothering you, really."

I looked at her for a moment and released a heavy sigh.

"Is it something that Sei-chan's involved in?"

My eyes widened and Mom smiled knowingly at my reaction.

"I hit jackpot, didn't I?"

"N-No!" I lied, feeling my face burn up.

"But you're blushing~" Mom teased and pinched my cheek. "You can't lie to your own mother, Tetsu-chan. I gave birth to you, so we have a special connection!"

"Yeah yeah, I love you Mom." I muttered. "You're the best."

"I love you too~" she giggled then raised her eyebrow. "Well? Mom's listening?"

I sighed in defeat and slumped down on the bed.

"Sei-kun's being unfair again..."

"Unfair?"

"Hai." I nodded my head. "He's telling me to cut off all my connections with Nash-kun and all."

"He is?" she frowned. "Is there any particular reason why?"

"I-I guess...?"

"What's wrong then? Does Nash-kun owe Sei-chan something?"

"N-No, it's not like that." A blush found its way to my cheeks and I averted my gaze away from her. "Well... Nash-kun has been courting me for some time now and he brought some for flowers for me back then and gave it to me at school. Sei-kun caught him, and he was obviously not happy about it."

"Oh. Well, I get the gist of the situation."

I looked at Mom and tilted my head.