Two

Akashi

"I'm being forced to marry Kouki?!" I slammed my hands on the hardwood and gritted my teeth. "What kind of nonsense is that?"

"Calm down, Seijuro."

My father, who was sat behind the desk, grunted and narrowed his eyes at me.

"I don't approve of this, but Furihata Kyosuke is demanding it."

"I don't consent to it either!" I frowned. "Who does he think he is to force such a nonsensical thing onto me?"

Father released a deep sigh and leaned forward with his hands seriously clasped together.

"First and foremost, he is a well known and fearful underground boss, which I apparently work for as his right hand man."

I ran my fingers through my hair as I recalled that it was in fact true.

"Tch."

"And secondly," Father's cold, hard eyes stared at me and I raised an eyebrow in confusion. "He told me that If you refused to marry Kouki, we will be stripped out of our titles. We will lose everything, and of course, our lives will be taken from us."

What?

I froze and gaped at him, slowly processing what he just said.

"Marrying that chihuahua would be such a disgrace, Seijuro." Father muttered, "It signifies that we truly are nothing against them, but what choice do we have? Can we really rebel against them?"

"Of all the people out there, why me?" I hissed, lowering my head as I gripped on the edge of the desk.

"Mainly because you're a charismatic Alpha and a lot of people are attracted to that. If you actually married that boy, I am honestly not going to attend the ceremony."

I whipped my head to the side and looked at my mother who was sat on the chair at the side while reading a book and sipping her morning tea.

"Mother!"

Mother looked up at me with a somber expression and sighed.

"I don't agree to that proposition as well, Sei-chan. As your mother, I want the things that are best for you, and I want you to marry the person that you absolutely and genuinely love with all of your heart. The only time that I'll attend a wedding ceremony is when you're finally marrying your beloved person. Forced marriage is truly a despicable thing, but..."

"Our life is on the line." Father gruffly said.

A sting made its way to my heart and I looked at both of my parents with a conflicted expression.

What am I supposed to do...?

I slumped down on a vacant chair and frustratingly gripped on my hair.

If I refuse, we will all be dead

Mother, Father and I

Once I decline the marriage

Our existence will be instantly erased in this world