One

Kuroko

"I'm getting married."

My eyes widened and the tea that I was drinking splashed all over Sei-kun's face when I gaped in shock.

"A-Ah!" I panicked, quickly pulling out my handkerchief to dry his face. "I'm deeply sorry! I didn't mean it!"

"My, my, I didn't think that I'd have to shower twice this morning." Sei-kun chuckled, letting me soak up all the tea.

"I was drinking," I muttered. "Couldn't your announcement wait until after I was finished?"

"Apparently not."

Sighing, I pulled the cloth back, only to see his teasing smile.

"What has gotten to you, Tetsuya?" Sei-kun laughed, pushing his soaked hair back.

"Nothing," I responded, shaking my head and returned to my seat across from him. "You're getting married?"

"I am." he nodded, "Next month to be precise."

"To Kouki-kun...?"

"Yes."

What is this foreign feeling? It hurts...

"Ah, well." I forced a smile, "Congratulations to the both of you."

"Thank you, Tetsuya."

I pursed my lips, glancing at the redhead in front of me over the edge of my cup.

So he's getting married huh? Kouki-kun sure is a lucky beta.

Aside from males and females, the human race had developed a second gender set: Alphas, Betas and Omegas.

Alphas are born with superior traits, the most handsome, or elegant, the smartest, the strongest, the fastest, etc. They generally stood at the top of the social ladder.

Just below them are the Betas. They make up the highest percentage of the world's population, over 80%, and are just average citizens.

Omegas hang onto the last rungs of the ladder. They are generally of shorter stature, thinner frames, more fragile bodies, and often dismissed as simple 'child bearers'.

I am classified as an omega, but I was lucky to be born to a wealthy, loving Alpha father. Otherwise, I would probably have become a slave to some ruthless Alpha.

Sei-kun is an Alpha whilst Kouki-kun is a Beta.

The three of us are close to each other since our parents are colleagues, leading us to spend a lot of time together as well. I've known Sei-kun ever since we were young, and we've been best friends ever since.

We only know Kouki-kun because his father, Kyosuke-sama is a very influential person and our father's boss.

But who would've thought that Sei-kun would marry Kouki-kun? I'm pretty sure he hated his guts, but I guess people do change...

"-suya."

"Tetsuya!"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at Sei-kun who was waving his hand in front of my face, trying to get my attention.