The horse stopped. It got quiet. All that was heard was the birds and wildlife around them in the forest. Arthur hopped down and caught (Y/n) in his arms as she got off the horse.

He for a moment he stared into her eyes. "You are a crazy woman, you know that?" He said.

She laughed, looking down at their feet, still in his arms, "I figured that much. Look at me, a posh city girl trying to make a life alone here."

Arthur smiled and let her go, "come on then. We gotta see our catch."

* * *

The day was nearly done. The two were inside the cabin, preparing their food. "See? You're actually a pretty good huntress. You've caught your own dinner!" Exclaimed Arthur. He was proud of (Y/n) and he was also proud to be the one able to teach her so well.

She acknowledged him, "it appears I have. I could not have possibly been able to get this far without your help, Arthur, and you know that. Thank you, I feel like I owe you my life and so much more."

Arthur smiled, "you don't owe me nothin'. I'm just-"

While he began to speak, (Y/n) decided to walk up to Arthur and plant a small kiss on his cheek. His face burned up because of her affection, stunned.

He stopped his speech, only to be replaced with stuttering nonsense. "Just- um, uhh...erm," Arthur managed to sputter. He was never able to be completely at ease when around a pretty lady, especially when it was someone he was truly interested in.

(Y/n) was not expecting his reaction. She lightly laughed and walked towards the cooking pot in the fireplace. "Now, come get a serving of stew," she insisted, "we both caught dinner, so sit down and eat a little."

Arthur quickly regained his composure, "sure, I'll have some." He walked over, ready to engage in conversation during their meal.

After eating, it did not take long for (Y/n) to fall asleep. Arthur took the quiet as a chance to write in his journal.

* * *

I spent today with (Y/n) yet again. I was beginning to dislike our time spent, knowing it would come to an end after she learned all she needed. But, we have decided together that we in fact want to continue our visits.

I mentioned my background. The fighting, the shooting, even said I am an outlaw. Still, she insisted we keep in touch. She had even placed a kiss on my cheek in thanks that I have helped her! (Y/n) is a strange woman. She is a mix between two extremes it seems. She has the tender love and care that I have recognized before in my past love, Mary Linton. Yet, she also carries the same wild spirit from time to time that I observed from Mrs. Adler.

In short, (Y/n) is a caring, gentle woman with undeniable logic and wit- but also wields a fierce spirit when in danger or in non-stressful situations.

I look forward to the days I spend with (Y/n). I fear that my heart with grow fonder, only to fall apart.

After writing, Arthur looked to (Y/n)'s sleeping face. He studied the way the fire's light had cast shadows on her soft features. Arthur took the moment to sketch another picture of (Y/n) in his journal on the page next to his entry. He had drawn her before, but this time she here. This drawing could possibly better capture her likeness than by memory. Although, he had no doubt in his mind he could forget such a unique face as (Y/n)'s. She won his attention from across the room back in the saloon, even while not in his most conscious state.

Once he finished, Arthur shut his journal and tucked it away. (Y/n) had woken up while he shuffled to stand back up from the floor.

"Are you getting ready to leave again?" Asked (Y/n), rather sleepily. She rubbed her eyes while sitting up, waiting for a reply.

"Yeah," he said, "I was about to wake you up. Tell you I was fixin' to leave." They were both standing now. He helped clean the area around them before leaving.

Once tidied up, (Y/n) grabbed Arthur's hand and gave it a tight squeeze. "Come back soon," she said with a warm smile.

"Of course," he said, tipping his hat as a 'goodbye' gesture. He got back on his horse and rode off back to camp.

He had hoped the gang back at the hide out would not pester him again like the night before. He was beginning to feel as though he was living two lives. It was like Mary Linton all over again. Except, now, he had a hunch (Y/n) was a better fit for him. Somehow, he hoped that the two could make something work against the odds.

Arthur hoped. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Thank you to those who are continuing to read this story! I also appreciate the comments and votes you give ❤ it leaves me motivated to continue writing. I'll try to post consistantly as I can.

Thank you,
S0UP66