Chapter 15

Jake ran outside "if he's here, he had to take the boat" he thought to himself as he approached the boat house. Sliding the door he entered, finding the boat was gone. Quickly checking the docks as best he could in the heavy wind and rain, hoping it was simply tied there, but nothing. "Damn it Chance" he yelled running back to the boat house. Jake paced back and forth trying to figure out where he could be, if he did take the boat and how in the hell was he going to tell Heather.

Securing the sliding door, he ran back inside the house. "Get your wits about you Jake and think...THINK DAMN IT" he yelled at himself. "Coast guard! That's it notify them and describe his boat" he told himself.

After giving everything he knew about the vessel and where he possible took off from they informed him due to the intensity of the storm they couldn't fly out until it was over but they would advise the cutters that were checking the shorelines. Once they obtained all contact information Jake disconnected and hung up the phone. Now he had to figure out how to tell the rest of the family he suspected Chance was out in the storm.

****
Adam sent a group text to the guys "video chat 6pm" that's all he wrote.

Tim was still trying to get focused after his afternoon nightmare, Austin was searching through texts and photos trying to find anything helpful as was Rob and Kelsey. Jenika was dealing with the production company regarding the video that was to be shot the next morning. All desperately hoping that another in the close knit group had found some answers to his sudden disappearance.

Tim stared at the screen, then at the clock, then back at the screen, waiting impatiently for the video conference at 6pm. "Baby, relax. You're going to drive yourself crazy" Jenika commented as she handed him a glass of sweet tea.

"What if Adam knows where he is, what if it's bad news, what if.." Jenika quickly kissed him on the lips. Cupping his face she stared into his eyes "whatever it is, we will all get through this, together. It's what we do" she quietly told him. Tim closed his eyes and leaned into her hand "I just feel quilty. I promised to protect him, just like before and we know how that ended up" he solemnly stated.

They both turned towards the computer as Adam and the guys popped up on screen.

****
Jake decided to stay at Chance's  until the storm calmed down. He checked the news and weather reports on his phone. Finding his coverage was intermittent he immediately called Marcus at work and filled him in on what he found.

"I haven't told Heather or Miss Maggie anything. I have no idea how to" Jake told him.

"We don't know for sure he even took the boat, right?" Marcus asked.

"Well, no...but everything points to it. His bags are here, the boat is gone" Jake replied.

"Is his car there or a rental" Marcus asked.

"Didn't look..let me run out to the garage" Jake told him. Taking the phone with him he quickly opened the door to the garage. Nothing, only his Harley that was covered was found. "Only his bike, Doc" he told him.

"Ok, well he could be out somewhere waiting out the storm. And it is possible the rough waves could have broke the mooring and the boat could have washed out to sea" Marcus stated.

"I got a bad feeling about this Doc. I think he's out there on the water" Jake told him, a bit of fear in his voice. He continued to tell how he contacted the coast guard and what their response was. " I have to tell Heather and Miss Maggie. You know they will kill me if I don't" he told him.

"Let me call Tim first. If he confirms he is here, then I will tell them. If you can, start heading over to our place. Be careful Jake, take your time. We'll find out whats going on" Marcus assured him before hanging up.