Chapter 12

Tim fought with the need to know where Chance was, trying to focus on Jenika's recording session to keep his mind occupied. He'd put off calling Heather, not wanting to upset her. If she was unaware of her brother's whereabouts he did not want to be the one asking her, he'd been on the receiving end of her wrath before.

After 6 hours at the studio they were finally on their way home. "This was another amazing day. Thank you again" Jenika told Tim, kissing him on the cheek as he drove.

Tim drove, totally oblivious to what she was saying. His mind was on Chance. "Babe, I know you decided against calling Heather, but if we call about Callie and her upcoming birthday, it won't be as obvious" Jenika mentioned.

Tim looked at her "I totally forgot about her birthday but that would be an easier way then saying "oh by the way your brother? Yeah he's missing...again".

"We'll find him, don't worry" she told him, placing her hand on his knee.

"What's gotten into you, you're calmer than you were last night" he commented.

"I don't know why, but I get the feeling he's ok. Don't get me wrong, something is off, but I don't think it's anything like before. Take it as woman's intuition" she replied.

"Woman's intuition, huh" he responded, secretly hoping she was right because thinking of the alternative had him scared to death.

****

Austin didn't like the thoughts running through his mind. The memories were just as painful as if he were presently experiencing them. The outbursts, the pain his brother went through physically and mentally from trying to hide it all. After everything Chance had been through he prayed that was not the basis for his leaving. He had to help find him but without his phone turned on or any posts on social media his search wouldn't be easy. He decided to look through past posts and text messages for some sort of clues.

Rob and Kelsey too were trying to find something, anything that would lead them to him. "Kels, I don't know what to do. What if....what if he's sick again" Rob said solemnly.

"Let's not focus on that right now, Sweetie. We find him first, ask questions later, ok" she smiled. "Do you remember anything, anything he may have mentioned the past few weeks that would point us to him".

"Nothing out of the ordinary. Still playing video games, still going out after shows" Rob replied.

"Don't worry, we'll find him" she assured him.

****
Chance was surprised to find the boat started on the first try.  As far as he knew no one had used it in quite awhile. After filling the tank he head out to sea. He needed to think and the best place for that was on the open waters. For as long as he could remember the solitude of the ocean always soothed his soul and his mind.

"This is what I need" he said aloud as he drifted out, the horizon fading away behind him.