Chapter 5

Jenika and Tim sat across from each other at dinner, both extremely quiet, barely making eye contact. Austin attempted to say something but Chance nudged him under the table as he gave him a look to let them be.

Chance slipped away for a bit, excusing himself to the restroom however he head out to the buses to advise the road crew of his plan. Once the arrangements were in place he returned to the rest of the group.

As they all left the restaurant,  Chance mentioned separately to each of the guys, except Tim, to head to the other bus with Nate and he'd explain everything when he joined them. Once approaching the buses, Chance took Jenika by the hand and Tim by the arm, leading them to the main tour bus.

"You two are my best friends, and I know that you are each other's best friend. You need to talk things over, spend some alone time with one another to reconnect. Will you do this, for me?" he asked. They looked at one another, nodding in agreement.

"Good, myself and the rest of the guys will be riding on the other bus, we'll see you in the morning" he told them before giving each a quick hug, then jogging over to the other bus.

Tim held the door for his wife as she stepped up on to the dimly lit bus. Before saying anything, Tim took her by the hand and led her to the back lounge. Chance had thought of everything, the room a glow with perfect mood lighting and soft romantic music playing in the background. Pillows and blankets spread about the floor in front of the built in electric fireplace.

Tim gently turned her towards him, he leaned his forehead against hers "baby, please forgive me" he whispered.

Jenika placed her fingertips against his lips " I'm the one who needs forgiveness. I'm so sorry" she said softly as a tear rolled down her cheek.

Tim cupped her face in his hand, gently wipping the tear from her face, she leaned against it, closing her eyes. He placed his other hand at the small of her back, bringing her closer to him. Her breath hitched as he hovered his lips barely above hers. "I love you with all my heart" he whispered.

****
Chance turned from closing the door to find four confused faces staring back at him.

"What?" he asked matter of factly.

"Really" Austin replied "You going to tell us what is going on with those two".

"All I can say is that they need time, alone. So get yourselves a comfy spot cause this is our home for the next 18 hours" he chuckled as he plopped onto the one end of the couch.

"I hope they work things out, otherwise this is going to be one hell of a tour" Nate commented grabbing beers from the fridge, passing them along to the others.