30

"did you see how sophia looked just now? her face was so ugly," nadia laughed as she walked alongside mackenzie, turning around to call for the boys to hurry up.

the four of them - darius, johnny, nadia and mackenzie were currently on their way to the ice skating rink, where johnny was going to teach mackenzie how to ice skate. it was a "double date" as nadia liked to call it. as nadia babbled on, mackenzie tried to shake the blush off her face as she smiled at johnny shyly.

he was tugging on the collar of his shirt uncomfortably while talking to darius - mackenzie had squeezed him into a slightly more formal suit, and saying that he was not very happy with it was an understatement. fortunately, he looked rather good in it.

"are you even listening to me?" nadia scowled as she crossed her arms to face mackenzie, who looked bewilderedly at her.

"figures, you only have eyes for your man. now hurry or we'll be late!" nadia rolled her eyes as she grabbed darius and stalked forward, leaving johnny with mackenzie.

"this thing itches," johnny complained when he stopped beside her, trying to pull the collar away from his neck as far as the tight buttons allowed.

"i'm sorry, you look good though," mackenzie pouted as she stood on tip-toes to reach up for his shirt, unbuttoning the top slightly, "oh no, it's getting red. are you sensitive to this material?" mackenzie frowned as her fingertips brushed across johnny's skin lightly, wincing at the angry red patch on his neck.

"is it bad?" johnny looked down at mackenzie, smiling slightly as he watched her crease her brows and pat his neck gently. it felt good to be fawn over by his girlfriend.

"not that bad, but i'm really sorry," mackenzie sighed, looking at him apologetically as she buttoned his top up again. she felt horrible. johnny was probably going to get a rash because of her.

"hey, it's alright," johnny lifted her chin up as he gave her a quick peck, grinning as he watched the colour flood her cheeks.

she was too cute.

"o-okay, let's go," mackenzie touched her lips absentmindedly as she blushed bright red, hurrying towards where darius and nadia had gone, leaving the green-eyed boy smiling mischievously in her wake.

. . .

"i know it's your first time, babe, but i'm gonna be gentle, okay?"

"no, don't let go of me!"

"i know it might hurt, but i'll hold you against me, and very soon you'll be feeling the exhilaration,"

"john, i'm scared!"

"i know you are, but don't scream too much,"

"i will!"

"chill, kenz, it's just ice skating,"

johnny held mackenzie tighter in his arms as she wobbled unsteadily, nearly tripping over her untied shoelaces.

"come on," johnny bent down to tie her shoelaces in a swift movement, while mackenzie tried hard not to hyperventilate.

"what if i fall?"

"then i'll catch you," johnny smiled as he guided mackenzie towards the ice, pulling her up quickly when she slid.

"no, no, no, bring me out now," mackenzie flailed her arms, nearly whacking johnny in the face.

"nope, we are going to learn how to ice skate today, have you forgotten?" johnny grinned, steadying mackenzie as he grabbed her shoulders, while she clung to his shirt tightly.

she scanned the ice skating rink; nadia and darius were now skating hand in hand. there was no way she could get out of this now.

"fine, but don't let me go. i swear to god if i fall, i'll-" mackenzie barely managed to complete her sentence before the ice came flying up before her face. as she widened her eyes, as a pair of strong arms reached down hurriedly to wrap around her waist.

"how could you even fall when you aren't even skating?" johnny teased as he ruffled mackenzie's hair lightly.

"i don't know!" mackenzie shouted in distress as she tightened her hold on johnny's stomach. if this were in school, she would have blushed a million times; but now that she was facing death, staying alive was her priority, and she didn't care how she did it.

"hey, loosen up, you are really tensed," johnny's hands moved towards mackenzie's shoulders to massage the muscles gently.

"i can't do this, i definitely can't," mackenzie could feel her legs sliding again as she crumpled towards the floor. luckily, johnny reacted in time as he tugged her up again swiftly, pressing her against him.

"repeat after me - i think johnny orlando is handsome, so if he can do it, i can too," johnny brushed a few wayward strands of hair away from mackenzie's face as she blinked furiously.

"i think johnny orlando is handsome, so if he can do it, i can too," mackenzie took a few deep breaths, trying to calm her racing heart, before she realised what she had just said, "what? johnny orlando is handsome..."

"oh god, your sentence makes no sense," mackenzie slapped him over the head using one hand, the other still holding him tightly.

"come on, let's go, just hold onto me," johnny stretched out his hand as mackenzie curled her fingers against his warm ones.

mackenzie barely had any time to react before johnny pulled away from the resting area, moving towards the middle of the rink expertly. the wind started whistling against mackenzie's ears as the cold air cut her face. she looked around, finding it hard to believe that what was happening now was actually real. all around her, the faces of people and the trees whirled while her stomach lurched. she was actually skating.

gulping, she tightened her hold on johnny as he skated forward, with her clinging onto him for dear life. mackenzie looked down hesitantly, closing her eyes hurriedly when the spinning floor greeted her. she felt as if she would crash headfirst into it if she looked any longer.

finally, they slowed to a stop as johnny skated towards the edge of the rink, pulling mackenzie closer against him.

"how was that? fun?" johnny patted mackenzie gently as he smiled, his bright eyes shining with hope. trying not to douse his fire, mackenzie grinned weakly, trying her best to move her frozen facial muscles. the side of her lips twitched in what she hoped looked like a convincing smile.

"yea, it was g-great, but i would rather res-" as mackenzie turned towards the benches longingly, she forgot all about the fact that she was a klutz who was wearing skating shoes. with a high pitched yelp, she lunged forward, her feet and hands making contact with the cold air. shutting her eyes, she prepared to feel the impact of the hard ice, when she landed on something soft and warm.

she opened her eyes in time to see a pair of sea green eyes blinking at her. she was lying on johnny, whose arms had come up to shield her. mackenzie looked at johnny in surprise, as he grimaced from all the shock his back had absorbed.

it must have hurt. mackenzie's face crumpled in worry.

"john, are you okay?" her hands fluttered towards his face as he gave her a boyish grin, brushing the hair away from her face.

"what did i tell you? no matter how hard you fall, i'll always be there to catch you,"

[do not be a ghost reader! vote, comment and share!]

^^^ honestly that's me when i try to ice skate lmao just that i don't have a johnny to hold me :'(