15

mackenzie walked down the hall giddily, a small smile rising up onto her face uncontrollably as she pressed a hand to her fluttering heart, the image of johnny from yesterday floating into her mind once again.

she was so consumed in her thoughts that she hadn't even realised that nadia was standing in front of her impatiently, tapping her foot as she waved her hand in front of mackenzie's face.

"bitch, what happened with john the ass yesterday? spill, now," nadia crossed her arms as she demanded, startling mackenzie out of her daydream.

"what? how do you know it has got to do with johnny?" a blush rose onto her cheeks uncontrollably. those hands around her hips, on her stomach, on her feet - they were sinful.

"you have this insanely disgusting look on your face whenever you are thinking about him, which you do almost all the time," nadia pointed out, tugging mackenzie along to her locker, "i can't believe that you would ever like such a person. now, what happened yesterday? the look on your face today is exceptionally bad," nadia faked barfing, making gagging sounds.

mackenzie glared at nadia before spilling her whole heart out. after she had finished, she looked at nadia excitedly, "that was so romantic, wasn't it?"

"romantic my foot," nadia scoffed, before sighing, "it beats me how you can get so overly happy just because of some weird foot fetish trend. i thought you guys f***ed or something, too bad you are still a sad old virgin,"

[romantic my FOOT do y'all get it]

mackenzie widened her eyes at nadia's brazen words before slapping the queen bee over the head, "that's all you ever think about,"

"yeah, because unlike you, i have an exciting life,"

mackenzie rolled her eyes at nadia's insult, choosing to break the big news instead, "so, you know i saw johnny's knuckles yesterday, and they were all split, he probably punched ashton,"

"ashton?" nadia's jaw dropped, "dang, girl, he might actually be jealous,"

"i know," mackenzie smiled dreamily, "now do you think it's romantic?"

"nope, you guys didn't even touch each other. you have to get all hot and sweaty to be considered romantic," nadia winked playfully.

"jeez, all you've got is sex on your mind, you probably have std all over you," mackenzie wrinkled her nose at nadia teasingly.

"bitch, what did you say?" mackenzie laughed, ducking as nadia's bag came flying towards her face.

"watch it! you wouldn't want my beautiful face destroyed, would you?"

"that way i'll be happier!"

. . .

the two girls were so busy bickering that they hadn't noticed that one of the jocks had approached them. the jock coughed awkwardly, snapping them out of their wrestling match.

turning around, a little embarrassed to be caught having a cat fight, nadia fluffed up her hair and turned to the jock, smiling sweetly, "yes, what are you here for?"

mackenzie glowered at nadia's head, contemplating if she should tug some of those ginger strands out, when the jock's voice interrupted her thoughts, "i'm here for mackenzie, actually,"

mackenzie's head shot up as she frowned. ah, it was lucas, ashton's good friend. she raised an eyebrow at him, prompting him to speak up.

"i like you a lot," lucas started, as mackenzie's eyebrows rose even higher. his words felt like a ticking time bomb in mackenzie's chest. she was going to have to reject whatever he was going to say again.

"would you want to go out with me?" lucas asked eagerly, while nadia whistled behind mackenzie.

"damn, girl, you are stealing all the boys from me. are you sure you haven't f***ed anyone yet?" mackenzie elbowed nadia fiercely, before turning back to the boy, who was still waiting for her response.

"um, lucas, the thing is," mackenzie shifted uncomfortably, twisting her hands about - she barely had any experience with boys, and all these confessions were driving her crazy, "i-well, i'm not really ready for a relationship yet,"

"what she means is, she already likes someone," nadia poked her head out and grinned at mackenzie, who gave her a dirty glare.

lucas' eyes hardened, "is that true?"

"well, yeah," mackenzie bit her lip. if she doesn't say who that special someone was, it wouldn't be considered lying, would it? hopefully lucas would back off soon.

"i really like you, doesn't that mean anything?"

"sorry, but that might be lust, not like, lover boy," nadia pushed mackenzie aside, adding fuel to the fire as lucas clenched his teeth and ignored her.

"who is he? the guy you like? what does he have that i don't?" lucas demanded once again. everything. he has everything. mackenzie sighed. she didn't want to expose her longtime crush, but she didn't want to reject lucas in such a mean way either.

"you are a nice guy, lucas, but i don't have those kinds of feelings for you," mackenzie bowed slightly as she turned back to her locker, flipping nadia off as she wriggled her eyebrows at her.

"he looks really mad. he looks like he's going to kill you," nadia whispered, a rare tinge of concern flashing onto her face, "oh my-"

mackenzie barely had any time to react when she was suddenly pulled roughly and slammed against the lockers, pain shooting up her spine instantly.

"what-" her squeak of surprise was cut short when a pair of lips crashed down on hers fiercely.

[do not be a ghost reader! vote, comment and share]

i was listening to bhad bhabie while writing this whole chapter feeling guilty cuz her songs are so vulgar but so catchy hehe