Chapter 19 ~Encounter

With my bag slung around my shoulder, I jogged to the local mall for our class outing. As I arrived I spotted a few of my classmates at the entrance.

"Hey, Mina!" I greeted running over to them. "Heyyyy-O.M.G! Your outfit's super cute! You have style, gurl," Mina complimented, smile wide as ever. The others around her nodded in agreement.

"Ah nah. Midnight helped me with it," I stated, giving my sister a little more credit. "Oh yeah, forgot you guys were related," Sero commented. "It's fine. That happens a lot," I replied.

Once everyone had arrived, we instantly got recognised by people. They asked for autographs and pictures, most of them complimenting us on our quirks.

"Hey, you're the girl that got 3rd place! You're really somethin, huh?" A man pointed out. "Uh, thanks!" I turned to the others and realised that we needed to split up in order to get anything done.

"Hey guys!" I called the others over to a corner, politely turning down pictures, which I felt really bad for. "We should split up, it'll be easier that way." Everyone nodded and quickly got into groups, leaving to buy their stuff.

"Uraraka, what do you need to get?" I asked, since it was only me, her and Izuku. "Uh, a new pair of shoes, since mine are really worn out," she replied, rubbing her neck.

"Ok cool! Izuku, you need anything?"

"Uh, n-no, not really. I-I'll just wait here for you guys!" He stammered, frantically waving his hands.

"Oh, alright then. See ya!" I grabbed Uraraka's arm and dragged her to the store.

"Alright then, let's get you those shoes." As I said that, she picked out a pair of white sneakers that looked exactly like her worn out ones.

"Dude! Y'know if those shoes wore out in a few months, I think it's time to buy a new pair," I stated, pointing at the multiple racks of shoes in the store.

"But I don't think I can afford those!" She exclaimed. I smirked. "Who said you'd be paying?" I said, fishing out a credit card. "This is Midnight's, but she shops all the time so I don't think she'll notice."

Uraraka browsed through the racks of shoes while I already picked out mine. "I think I'll go with these." She held up a pair of brown, ankle-high boots.

A/n: found these off google and they actually look really nice

"But are you sure you wanna pay for this?" She asked, hesitant. "Pfft it's fine. Consider it as a gift of friendship," I replied, walking over to the counter, Uraraka along side me.

"Alright! Let's go meet with Izuku," I said, turning towards the escalator. "Hey, (L/N). Do you see Deku?" Uraraka asked. "I can't spot him."

As I looked over the railings, I realised she was right. He wasn't anywhere near the last place we saw him. Maybe he went to buy stuff? No, he would've at least texted us. I felt my stomach churn as my mind thought of the worst. No, he's probably in the bathroom...