Chapter 01~ In the beginning

Being a kid was great. No worries, no responsibilities, no horrifying truths about the real world...unless you were (Y/N), of course.

        Your sister told you everything about the real world. Her fights, her struggles, her victories, everything. You were mature for your age, probably too mature for your own good.

        You would constantly crush your classmates' childish fantasies with cold hard facts, sometimes without even realising.

        Like this one time where your best friend, Izuku Midoriya, said he wanted to be a hero, just like All Might.

        By that time, he had already told you about his lack of a quirk. It really seemed impossible for him to reach his goal, and you actually kind of pitied him for that.

        "Well, if you were to become a hero, how would you fight off baddies without a quirk? You watch the news a lot. You must know how strong some villains can be," you pointed out as you walked by your best friend's side.

        "W-Well maybe I do have a quirk and I'm just a...a late bloomer?" Izuku stammered while holding his notes on heroes close to his heart. "Maybe I still have a chance," he mumbled, but loud enough for you to hear. You could see how much he longed to be a hero, but the truth is the truth, however cruel it may be.

        "But you're alre-" you stopped yourself before you could say anything else. You were right, he was only 10 years old. You couldn't possibly crush this child's dreams, who knows what would happen to him.

        "Yeah-" you whispered, a small smile forming, almost out of pity.

        "-you could have another chance..."
.
.
.
.
.
.
        "Hey, (L/N)!"

        "Ugh, not this guy again," you sighed, brows furrowing with frustration.

        The ash-blonde stepped closer to the both of you, hands in his pockets while his minions snickered in the background.

        "What'd'ya think you're doing? Why are you hanging out with this quirkless wannabe, huh?" He questioned as each shot a menacing glare at Izuku.

        Maybe it was out of habit, or just instincts, you still don't know. You stepped in front of Izuku, right arm outstretched, as if to protect Izuku from the explosive child.

        "Katsuki, can you just leave us alone for one day? We see you everyday, but every time it's the same thing over and over...I'm getting tired of your nonsense," you growled, voice suddenly lowering an octave.

       "And what are you going to do about it, huh (L/N)? Try to fight me? Cause you already know who's going to be the victor," he boasted as he stood proudly, chest puffed up and thumb directed towards himself.

        "You'll never stand a chance against me,"

        "Is that so?" A smirk slowly made its way to your face.

        "Say, Katsuki? Do you recall the last time we fought? Well, perhaps you remember what your dear ol' mom did to you," you teased, a grin plastered across you face.

        Katsuki's eyes widened. Oh he remembered it vividly. "S-SHUT UP YOU - YOU DAMNED NERD! YOU'RE LUCKY I NOT IN THE MOOD TO FIGHT YOU OR ELSE YOU'D BE DEAD!" Katsuki stuttered as he signalled for his minions to follow him.

       "W-Wow, (Y/N). You're amazing! I would have never been able to do that!" Izuku gushed with his green orbs filled with wonder. He had always admired you, part of it being that he treated you like an elder sibling. He was an only child, so having you around was a pleasant change.
.
.
.
        You had finally gotten home. You and Izuku would always walk home together, mostly because you volunteered to protect him against Katsuki. You took off your shoes and socks as you greeted your mother.

        You then started the ritual.

       Cook, eat your cooking, freshen up, go train with your buddy Mashirao, come back, do your homework, and the best part of your day, text ST.

You: Hey, st. You there?

ST: Yeah. Hey, FireFly.

You: So, how was your day?

ST: It was fine, I guess. The usual just some training. Nothing special

You: Aw man, you're so lucky that you get to use your quirk around the house.

ST: Yeah...that's what you say every time we talk -_-"

You: YEAH CUZ IT'S TRU

ST: *sigh*

You: Hey! Stop acting all emo and stuff.

ST: I'm not- why do I even try? -_-;

You: Hmph

ST: You're so childish...

        'Well I'm not childish in real life... maybe he doesn't like childish. Maybe he doesn't actually like me...what if he saw me in real life and I thought I looked bland?'

You: Hey, uh, can I ask you something?

ST: Sure. What is it?

You: If you saw me irl, would you think of me different if I look...idk...generic? I think that's the word I'm looking for.

ST: Well honestly, I wouldn't really care what you would look like. I started talking to you cause of your personality, and plus I'd think you'd look pretty nice irl ;p

You: Ok 1)Thanks dude 2)WTH

ST: Hahaha lol I'm just messin' with you

ST: Sry. My dad is calling me. Ttyl?

You: Ofc, bai! :3

ST: Bye :)

       'Oh my god, I can't believe how childish we are,' you thought as you set your phone down on the desk, letting out a slight chuckle.

       ST has always been your source of comfort. You met him on an online game. He said he just needed someone to talk to and you looked nice enough.

        Since then you guys have been texting each other everyday and at a set time as well. You wanted to know what he looked like, the curiosity was killing you, but at the same time you were scared, scared of what he might think of you.

        You looked bland compared to you family, the only resemblance being a few facial features. Whenever your parents told strangers that you were their daughter, most of them wouldn't even believe it.

        But there was one good thing. Your sister. She always told you that you were pretty. She'd also constantly tell you that the only way to become a good hero was to "Look pretty and be strong." That was what kept you going.

        You believed that you had what it takes to be a pro, especially in the "be strong" part.

        Your quirk had always stood out amongst your family members. Although you did technically inherited your father's quirk, you had a stronger version of it. He could only manipulate light. You could do so much more damage. Which was also part of the reason why you weren't allowed to use your quirk at home.

        It was too strong...and that was good.