Chapter 08~ Sports Fest

Your Pov

"Oi, get outta my way, bug! You, too, Icy-Hot bastard!"

Oh shit not now. Nope, no thank you.

I swiveled my head around, only to make eye contact with a certain ash-blonde. His blood red eyes stared into mine as his brows furrowed in anger, the only emotion that he seemed to portray.

He roughly shoved past me and Shoto, bumping into the boy's shoulder while doing so. He let out a grunt as he continued to exit the school grounds, the atmosphere of before completely ruined by his hot-headed nature.

To Shoto, that bump probably symbolised a deceleration of war, noticeable in the slight anger in his heterochromic eyes.

"He's like this all the time. Been this way since his quirk manifested," I stated, shoving my hands in my pockets as I continued to walk out the gates.

"I'll see you tomorrow, then. Or later if you still want to text." I glanced at Shoto. He seemed to be deep in thought, negative thoughts to be exact. His furrowed eyebrows and heavy frown gave it away.

I lightly tapped his shoulder, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"You okay?" I asked, concern written all over my face. He was so happy a moment ago.

"Yeah, um, I have to train for the Sports Festival. I'll see you tomorrow, (Y/N)," he replied, returning to his stoic self.

"Yeah." I gave him a small smile before turning to walk to the train station.
_______________________________________

Before we knew it, the day of the Sports Festival had arrived. Everyone had trained hard for this day. So did I.

Mashirao and I met up frequently to train in our martial arts while Denki, one of my new best friends, and I worked on improving our quirks together. We had gotten really close while training. He even told me about his slight crush on our fellow classmate, Kyoka Jiro.

Honestly, they're my new OTP.

Shoto had continued to text me, but each session became shorter and shorter, to the point where he stopped texting me about a week ago. He became distant at school, cold even. I wondered if it was because of me. Was he disappointed that it was me? Maybe I'm too annoying? What if it was because of my plain looks?

Ah, curse my genes...

We were now gathered in the waiting room, waiting for Present Mic to call us out. Most of us were nervous, silently fidgeting in our seats. Some of us were rather calm, and some were going over some battle tactics.

I fiddled with my sleeves. They were a bit short for my liking. They exposed my entire arm, including my burn mark. Fortunately, I thought ahead and wrapped my palm and forearm with bandages, hiding my heinous scar from the world.

"Midoriya." Shoto had soon declared war on Izuku, and, y'know, war's never a good sign. For a split second, I saw his heterochromic eyes glance at me. They were filled with......guilt?

Meh. Must be imagining things.

Present Mic had called us out with a rather exaggerated introduction. He even mentioned that villain attack at the USJ. It must've been just as traumatising as my hostage incident.

As Class 1.A. walked out, I could already feel thousands, no, billions of pairs of eyes on me, if you include the ones watching at home. My palms started to sweat and my breathing picked up pace. Thoughts were flooding my mind just as fast as the tears were in my eyes.

Panic attack.

Please, not now, brain. I would like to keep my dignity, thank you very much.

"Hey, you okay? I know you don't deal well with these types of things." I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around to see Mashirao, the concern in his eyes also present in his lowered tail.