Chapter 12~ Firefly

After the Sports Fest, we practically became celebrities over night. I got recognised countless times, especially on the train. But I'd have to admit that I like the fans, the kids even more so. They're so innocent, so ignorant to the world's problems, but ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

My favourite fan so far was a little boy, Tony, I believe. I met him and his mom in a nearby cafe. He was so passionate about heroes and really wanted to be one. His quirk hadn't manifested yet but he said that next year will be the year. The thing that surprised me the most was the fact that he said, loud and definitely clear, that I was his favourite hero.
.
.
.
"You're my favouwite hero!" He exclaimed, eyes sparkling with excitement. "Really?! But I don't even have a hero name yet, nor have I even graduated," I responded, mumbling the last part.

"Well, your quirk is cool, you're strong, and don't worry, I picked out some awesome names for you! I got mommy to help me wif a few," he stated, rummaging through his little backpack and pulling out a brightly coloured notebook.

"He's still learning to write so I had to help him. By the way, I added some of my own as well," his mother chuckled, ruffling her son's hair. He handed the notebook over to me as I thanked the two.

'Light Girl, Light Laser, FlashLight, Sun Beam, Starlight...Firefly...Heh, like my username,' I thought, reading through the long list of names Tony and his mother had written for me. "So, do you like any?" Tony asked, curiosity written all over his face.

"Yeah, actually. Firefly. I thought of using it as a hero name even before I was in middle school!" I laughed, pointing out the coincidence. "WOAH! That's so cool! Me and mommy like that one the most!" He cheered, pumping his fists in excitement.
.
.
.
"Alright class. Today we'll be choosing your hero names," grumbled Mr. Aizawa. "But that's not my forte so I'll have Midnight do it."

I groaned inwardly, covering my face with my hands. Why her?! Why couldn't it have been Mic or someone else? Heck, I'd even take Principal Nezu! I lifted my face just in time to make eye contact with Nemuri.

"Ah, there's my precious sister! Oh stop trying to look away, dear," Nemuri stated, flashing a bright smile. "Alright! Take these boards and write your desired name on them. We'll let you announce them at the front."

One by one, students announced their hero names, with only a few needing to rethink. One of them was Shoto.

"Really? You're just gonna use your name?" I asked him while he sat back in his seat next to me. "Yes. I can't think of anything else," he stated bluntly. "Well, ok then. It suits you anyways," I shrugged.

"So what's your hero name gonna be?" He questioned, reaching for my board. "It's a surprise!" I said, hugging the board and turning away from him.

"KING EXPLOSION MURDER!!!" Katsuki practically yelled. I everyone sweat dropped while I tried, but failed to hold in my laughter. "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!" He yelled, threatening me with his explosions.

"What kind of dumbass name is that?!" I exclaimed, trying to hold back more laughter. "Well it's better than you'll ever do!" He retorted, returning to his seat in front of me.

I sighed as I picked up my board and walked to the front. "Oooh it's my darling sister's turn!" Nemuri exclaimed as I just rolled my eyes. All eyes were locked on me as I felt my pulse quicken. 'Shit. Just breathe (Y/N).' I flipped over my board with rather sweaty hands.

"The light hero: Firefly. That's my hero name."

I glanced at Shoto and smiled a little when I saw his surprised face. Katsuki must have remembered me talking about it, since he was also quite surprised.

"So you decided to stick with it after all! Why don't you tell the class your reason for picking that name?" Nemuri requested, gesturing to the rest of the class.

"Well, I've wanted to use this name basically since I got my quirk. It was, and still is, my online username and recently, I met a fan who suggested the name to me. That was basically a confirmation that I should use this name," I stated, smiling with content.

Once I sat back in my seat, I noticed that Katsuki was still struggling with his hero name, furiously scribbling down a name only to erase it. I decided to take the risk and tap his shoulder. "What the hell do you want, lightbulb?" He questioned, not turning from his board.

"Well first of all, I like the new nickname. And secondly, you need help there, buddy?" I asked, chuckling at my bizarre new name.

"I don't need help from a weak bug like you."

I placed my hand on my chest and pretended to be offended. "*gasp* Excuse you, but I got third place," I retorted, holding back a giggle. He completely ignored and wrote another name down, but erased it again.

I sighed. Rude, much? I picked up my board and erased my name, replacing it with a name that I thought would suit Katsuki. I tapped him again, making him turn around with a rather annoyed face. "WHA-...Ground Zero?" He said as he cut himself off.

"Yeah! It suits you!" I exclaimed, shooting him a grin. "Plus, it's gotta do with your whole explosion thing." He sat staring at my board in silence for a few seconds before getting up and walking to the front after snatching the board from my hands.

"Ground Zero? It's perfect, but why is it so...different from your previous ones?" Nemuri questioned, sweat dropping at the mention of his past suggestions. Without even answering, Katsuki stepped down and sat back in his seat, returning my board to me.

"Uh, you're welcome?" I muttered as he turned back to the front, listening to Mr. Aizawa explaining our internships.
.
.
.
I had a few pro heroes request that I intern with them, but not as many as Shoto or Katsuki. They were on a completely different level. As I looked through the names of the heroes, I didn't even notice the ringing of the bell, or a certain teacher walking towards my seat.

"So, who do you want to intern with, darling?" Nemuri asked, trying to look at my list. "Don't recommend any," I stated bluntly, lifting up my pen to write the name.

"Aww alright then. I guess your teenage emotions are acting up. Well just remember, look pretty, b-" Before she could finish, I slammed my fist on the table, which unknowingly caught the attention of several classmates in the hall.

"I can't do that..." I growled, voice lowered and threatening. Nemuri was clearly taken aback. She hasn't seen me in years, of course she'd be surprised that her former fan suddenly hated her guts.

"W-Why not?" She asked, ultimately adding fuel to the fire. "Cause it's complete bullshit. No one can do that. You either look good or have power. You can't have both," I stated as I started packing my bags.

"Oh, darling! What about-"

"You? Pfft, sure you have mom and dad's genes, but you're weak as hell. I could beat your ass in a fight any day. I may not look like you guys, but I'm sure as hell am stronger. That's why, to prove to you that I can become a hero my way, that I can win with pure strength alone, I'm interning for the strongest hero on this list."

"A-And who might that be?"
.
.
.

"Endeavour." 
_______________________________________

A/n: lol ok i went way past my promised update date. But i hoped you liked it bai!

~Delia Mae

Hi future me editing the chapters and i just wanna say that im sorry for giving everyone heart attacks on that last line 😂